✧ 5

A few weeks later

Things didn't drastically change in their lives. The care, affection and adoration was always there. It just levelled up along with tons of skinship, expressing their love for each other every chance they got and making every moment count.

After suffering and pain from the unrequited love (or so these idiots thought) both got the bliss of warmth, love and genuine happiness.

Jungkook's been spoiling Taehyung and showering him with so much love, freely showing his possessive side, always making sure his boyfriend was protected and cared for. Taehyung was a goner for that. He always wondered how it would feel to be someone's priority, to be craved for, to be loved and cherished.

Taehyung never held back from kissing Jungkook whenever he got the chance. He made sure to tell the boy he loved him all the time. He already took care of him but everything seemed more beautiful and delicate. Taehyung treasured him. Jungkook couldn't ask for anything else, his lover gave him everything he wanted.

Their communication got next level that most of the time they could guess what the other person wanted to say.

Things were looking up for them.

Taehyung placed the last dish he prepared for the night as he stepped back to see his work. A content smile appeared on his face as he observed the living room of their shared apartment.

He looked at the clock which struck 11.30 pm. Hurriedly checking himself in the mirror, he smiled. He wore Jungkook's favourite tea pink shirt having light silver glittery patterns on the sleeves and collars, pairing it up with cream colored pants and delicate accessories.

His phone buzzed. A text from Namjoon came telling that they almost reached the apartment complex. Jungkook had to go to a trip with his teammates for a project. He winded up work early and was about to surprise his lover.

Little did he know that Namjoon had given Taehyung a spoiler. Now, there was a surprise in store for the one who wanted to surprise Taehyung.

Taehyung felt giddy as he stood by the window, eyes searching the empty road for the familiar car. His heart fluttered when he saw Namjoon's car pulling up. Jungkook stepped out after a few minutes, holding a bouquet of baby pink roses. He bid goodbye to his friend, grabbed his stuff and started walking towards the lobby.

Taehyung's cheeks were tinted pink already. His oblivious boyfriend didn't know his surprise was spoiled way before. He quickly turned off the lights, only leaving the dim lamp near the entrance.

________________________

Jungkook rushed out of the elevator, one hand holding the bouquet and one hand dragging his suitcase. He stopped in front of the door, stopping to breathe and calm down his excited heart.

One week away from home felt like months to him, he put in the passcode and carefully opened the door. Taehyung always slept early so he tried not make any noise.

Dim corridor welcomed him. He put off his shoes, closing the door. Contentment filled him up. There really is no place like home.

He picked up the bouquet and walked into the dark living room, mind made up that Taehyung wouldn't greet him in the middle of the night. Oh, how wrong he was.

As soon as he entered the living room, he involuntary spoke, "I'm back, hyung."

"Welcome back."

Jungkook flinched, bouquet of roses almost falling from his hold at the unexpected voice. He squinted in the dark.

Taehyung turned on the lights, surprising the younger. He giggled, walking towards a shook Jungkook who looked at Taehyung with his mouth agape.

"You knew-?" A chuckle of disbelief left him as his eyes took in the decorated living room and amazing dinner. He stepped forward, enveloped in a warm hug.