1 ~ Strange Storm

It was a sunny afternoon. Meena got off the train, she just came back from school. Slowly, enjoying the sun on her face, she walked to the bicycle parking lot from the station. As she walked over, she opened her black backpack and searched for the piece of paper which she could come out of the bicycle parking lot with. She arrived at the parking lot and walked over to her bike. It was a red grandma bike. While she was walking over to her bike, she was still looking for the piece of paper. When she looked up from her backpack and over to her bike, she saw that her tire was completely flat. She sighed, because she regretted it very much. After a hard and tiring day at school, nobody would want this. Now she had to walk all the way home. Not that it was very far away, but it was not the most fun thing to do according to her. She left behind her bike at the parking lot began to walk home. The guard of the parking lot made a gesture with which he asked if she didn't want to take her bike. Meena just shook her head and waved goodbye. She came here so often that she now knew the guard very well. When Meena was halfway home,  she decided to get her phone and earphones out of her backpack to listen to music. Meena loved music very much, especially rock, but also dubstep and sometimes pop. Also some random music was included, she didn't need the music labels. If she liked something she listened to it, simple as that. She got excited from it and most of the time it made her feel better in tough situations. And in this situation it made her feel better, although it was not the toughest situation she had ever been in. It was just a calm moment, which was quite rare in her life. The music fitted the sunny weather and the soft breeze through her hair very well, and she felt good at this moment. It made her forget that she had a flat tire to deal with the next day or the fact that she felt kind of lonely.

Meena had long brown wavy hair, a narrow face and bright green eyes. She was rather slender, but she could not do much about it. She was healed just a month ago from the serious disease; anorexia which she fought a battle with, so she was just glad that it was cured. But she still had to watch for her eating habits, so she wouldn't fall back into the disease. Hence she was always very insecure about herself. Because she was often uncertain, she put makeup on to cover up the face that she so much hated. She always put on a thick line of eyeliner in the shape of an angel wing, or a dash that went beyond her eye. Then she often put on some mascara as well. Many people thought she was a pretty girl, but she herself did not recognize that. That could be because nobody ever said it to her in person, so she could not make her feel better about herself. She also was not very tall, about 1 meter and 65 centimeters and she was a little tanned because of the good weather that there had been the last couple of weeks. This day, because it was a hot summer day, she wore short denim shorts, a black shirt and a white pair sneakers. Around her hips she had tied a red and black checkered blouse and carried a black backpack. Meena also did some skateboarding from time to time. That was an activity that made her feel better somehow. She loved to do it, together with playing games. She really was kind of a boyish girl. But she never liked to be labeled or to label other people, it just didn't feel right in her opinion. Other people at school thought she was odd, because she was alone most of the time. But no one ever thought about her situation. Altogether the situation she's been having for years. She had a home, yes, she had school, yes. You would think that that is not so bad as you'd expect. No, not if you'd say it like that. Meena had a home, yes. But she lived all alone, for years. She did not do that willingly, but for good reasons. Her father committed suicide when she was 13 years old, because of depression. That is what her mother told her, who did not seem so sad about it at first. Later, her mother was so devastated that she got into drinking. It was not so bad at first as well. Just one drink every evening, most of the time some wine. But eventually, that lead to drinking one bottle of wine every evening, to drinking a bottle of vodka every evening. This happened in one month and a half time. After two years, her mother went to rehab voluntarily, which was rather surprising for Meena. Not because she wanted to, probably just to be without her child for as long as she could. In fact, she wouldn't get out of rehab if she didn't quit drinking that much, so she could drink for as long as she wanted to just to stay into rehab and without her  "beloved" child. Meena lived thereby alone, forced, without any family who could care for her. Her mother still paid for the house and her schools, she wasn't hard in that. But love was never really a thing Meena got, although it was the only thing she would ever want. Her father gave her love, for 13 years. She was now 19 years old, and she still misses him every day.

She was, as you might expect, very responsible. Because since she was 15 years old, had to take care of herself.

But this moment, walking in the sun felt good. Gradually, Meena came in a neighborhood with mainly homes for elder people. There were clouds in front of the sun and she felt the wind began to blow a little harder. She didn't think anything of it and kept walking. In a street where trees with beautiful light pink blooming flowers and lawns with roses stood, she went to the right. At the end of the street she saw a floating small blue circle in the air. "What is that? I'll probably be hallucinating.", She thought and joked about herself, so she just walked on to the end of the street. To her astonishment, the blue circle was still there, and this time right in front of her. She thought it would be gone by now. Did she look into the sun so her eyes would give a weird sight? Slowly she tried to touch it with her hand. Her hand just went through. Shocked she drew back a little, and while she did, she saw the circle slowly increase. Meena stood petrified with astonishment.She felt that the wind began to blow harder again. The direction of the wind was toward the sphere. Meena started thinking in a flash and quickly walked away. She turned the corner and felt that there was no wind at all. Again she started to think and something stupid, according to her, popped up in her head. Maybe, she thought, just maybe the blue thing sucked the wind in since the direction of the wind was towards it and there was no wind around the corner. She could not believe it and turned around to go back to where the circle was. When she turned around, she was shocked, so hard that she fell to the ground on her back. The blue ball was hovering right in front of her and was now huge. And indeed, she felt the wind hard to pull themselves toward the sphere, or you could now call it a HUGE sphere. It was almost bigger than she was. She crawled backward and bumbling she stood up again.As fast as she could, she ran away right into the next street. That street looked about the same as the last one did. It was now so dark that the lampposts contracted. The sky was almost pitch black and it looked like an extremely heavy storm was on its way. Meena kept running and running. Along the way she glanced back to see if the ball was still there, and the ball even followed her! It moved! Meena thought she was going crazy, she didn't even have time to think more and sort out what the hell was going on. She could not even look in front of her again, till she felt that she smacked into something hard and could not move anymore. Her eyes were now closed, and she slid down against the thing she ran into, till she was lying on the ground on her stomach. She felt an icy pain through her body. She had to recover a little bit from the smack. The pain was still there, especially on her head. When she opened her eyes again, she felt the wind blow really hard and she saw that she was lying flat on the ground, her arms clasped around a lamppost. The wind began to suck so hard that she had to clasp herself really tightly around the lamppost. It was now so hard to hold on, that she was being pulled up the lamppost by the wind, her legs in the air and arms around the pole. She squeezed her eyes shut, because she thought this would be the end. There she floated, clinging to the firm lamppost. Meena could not quite sense what was actually happening. She also began to tire, and she felt compelled to let go. So she did, and she flew rapidly through the air towards the globe, her eyes still shut, thinking that she would never wake up again.