Chapter thirty-six

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
Kendra Kingston

"Kenny dear! I've missed you!" I welcome the warmth of my mums embrace. As soon as the previous race finished and the lead up to this weekends British Grand Prix was upon us, my mum wanted me home.

And I was glad to be home.

The Bianchi team were my home away from home, with the engineers and everyone in the paddock being my family. Each race we grow stronger as a team and as a well-functioned, but also delusional family. But at times, I do miss my blood family, more specifically a cuddle from my mum.

"Hey mama." I kiss her forehead. No matter how many times I see my mum, I will always welcome the hug. And food. God that woman does amazing food.

"You're doing so well kenny," she wraps an arm around my shoulder, bringing me inside the house. "I'm proud of you."

"You think so?"

"You're at the top of the championship Tesoro, so yes, you are doing amazingly." I jump at the sound of my fathers voice behind me. Father. I don't hesitate to wrap my arms around him, embracing his warmth. Even though they have come to the last few races, seeing them here in my home, makes me realise how much I do miss being here at home.

In my family home.

"I've made your favourite." Mum declares as she walks into the kitchen. I widen my eyes. She didn't-

"You made me fajitas?" I shout in glee. The sound of her faint laugh from the room confirmed my question. I pull away from my dad, the two of us making our way to rejoin my mum. Walking in, I see my two brothers already sat down and ready for the food to be dishes up.

"I see you two are eager." I tease, taking my seat which has been assigned to me ever since I was five. If we ever sat in different seats, world war three would commence between us.

That's us, the Kingston siblings are severely dramatic. Sitting together with my mum and dad, as well as Nate and Jake, my heart has never felt so warm.

I felt my phone vibrate in the back pocket of my jeans, making me quickly grab it to see who would be messaging me. It wouldn't be anyone from Bianchi, especially not Will, as I was not needed in any kind of meetings for the British Grand Prix didn't start until tomorrow.

I bite my cheek to hold back my smile as the name comes across the screen.

Be ready at 8, I'll pick you up <3

Benjamin Morales everyone. I still haven't told my family about him, because I'm afraid what they will say. Especially my father as he wanted to beat the shit out of Benjamin for what he had said to me at the interviews before the start of this racing season.

I think Nate and Jake have rough idea with what is going on, as they are both on the road with me quite often, but if they knew, they never said anything to me. And by the lack of questions, they hadn't mentioned anything to our parents. Which was a good sign.

I think they are waiting for me to finally grow the balls and announce it.

And I will.

Eventually.

It's not that I'm embarrassed of Benji, in fact it's the complete opposite. I admire him, adore him, heck even-