Chapter thirty-one

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
Benjamin Morales

Who the fuck is shouting just as I managed to get mi amor to fall asleep? I squint my eyes open as I lift myself, resting against the headboard. It was then I notice the door to the bedroom was open, a tall shadow standing in the doorway.

"What the hell Kenny?"

Mierda.

A cross-looking blonde was standing in the doorway, his eyes narrowed in on Kendra beside me. He didn't even look at me, not even when I leaned forward to grab Kendra's hand, just tell her I was here.

"What Lucas?"

"You're in here with him?"

When Kendra looks at me, I expect to see a sense of sadness brewing in her eyes. But no, her jaw was clamped shut, her eyes looking far from upset. My girl was annoyed.

Uh oh Lucas, take cover.

"I'm sleeping." Kendra said bluntly.

"Yeah, with him."

"Yeah, I am." Kendra crossed her arms. "Get to your real point of being pissed off Lucas." Atta girl. I trace circles on her wrist, once again reminding her I am here.

"He hated you. He made your life hell."

"And h-"

"And nothing Kendra!" I sit up as he interrupts her, my sudden movement catching his eye. It feels like ages we were staring at each other, but I knew it was only a few seconds. Interrupt her again, and see what happens.

"This is stupid of you and you know it."

"Why because she's with me and not you?" Kendra stills beside me, Lucas's eyes narrowing. He has no right to be angry with her.

"Oh fuck off Morales."

"How about you fuck off and let her sleep? Take you and your bruised ego back out of this room." I let go of Kendra's hand as Lucas steps forward, shaking his head.

"Benji-" Kendra whispers. I glance at her, a small smile appearing on her face. Don't bother. She mouths. I go to protest but she narrows her eyes at me, making me stop.

"You are something else Kendra Kingston." I turn my head at Lucas, my blood boiling at the mere sight of him. He did not-

"Kaiser I suggest you get the fuck out before I push you off this goddamn plane."

"Oh yeah?" He taunts. Cocky motherfucker.

"Get. Out." I say through gritted teeth. I cock an eyebrow, waiting for him to leave. I feel my blood at ease as he turns his head. Yeah, fucking leav-

"Sleeping with the competition is one way to win the championship." This motherfucker-

That's it.

I feel the bed move, but not because of me. But because of my powerhouse of a girl next to me. She moves in a flash, her hand clenched in a fist. Shit. I try to get up as fast as I could, luckily managing to grab her hand in time before it collided with Lucas's face. It wasn't Lucas I feared for. No, it was Kendra.