Mated to the Singer

Leilani Green was just a regular college student living her best life; until the day she went to Beyoncé's concert. Her life is turned upside down when she meets her mate. Leilani learned that she wasn't at all who she thought she was.

*********

Leilani set her lipstick onto the vanity. She could barely believe that she was going to her first Beyoncé concert. Tickets weren't cheap. Being the broke college student that she is, she had to beg for money from her parents and save every penny she found for months. She finally saved up enough money to buy the ticket, and she knew that it would all be worth it in the end. Beyoncé never had a bad performance. Leilani grew up watching and listening to Beyoncé. Despite only being a few years apart in age, Beyoncé had accomplished so much in her career. She was already on her way to becoming a living legend.

Leilani walked outside of her house. She locked the door to her house before walking to her car. Her car wasn't in the best condition externally. It needed a new paint job and the scratches needed to be repaired. This would be the sixth time she has had to pay for damages to her car. Unfortunately for her, people liked to vandalize her car. Spray painting vile and mean words. Slut. Whore. Bitch. Were some of the many less harmful words. Some even went as far as keying racial slurs into her car. Some slurs she had to Google.

She could vividly remember the day where her life was knocked upside down. It was seventh grade when puberty began. Hormones were raging. All the girls in her grade were getting boobies and starting their menstrual cycles. They were one step closer to becoming adults. Everyone was excited to share stories about shaving their legs for the first time. It was so fun and innocent. That was until Leilani entered puberty. Suddenly everyone had a problem with her. Girls were jealous and called her all types of harmful things because boys took more interest in her than anyone else. Boys were starting rumors about her because she had the nerve to reject them. They were lying and telling their buddies that they slept with her, but the truth is, she never slept with any of them. She liked girls and only girls. She never wanted a boyfriend. She wanted a girlfriend, but all of the girls who wanted her didn't want to be seen with her in public. No one wanted to be associated with the town's slut, and she didn't know why. She didn't understand why people hated her so much or why people believed the rumors. She did nothing wrong. It wasn't her fault that she was born pretty.

It was during that time that she fell in love with Beyoncé's music. She had heard one of the talented artist's songs on the radio and fell in love with her voice. It is deep, powerful, and so full of emotion. That country twang was so cute to her. She spent many nights listening to Beyoncé's discography. Many nights crying as Pretty Hurts played in the background. That was her favorite song for a while.

Until she graduated high school, Leilani kept her head down. She had no friends. It wasn't until she left for college that she was able to make friends. She met some really nice and sweet people, had a few girlfriends, and was even proposed to. It was a drunken proposal in the middle of Bourbon Street by a random stranger. It was the highlight of her trip to New Orleans. It hurt her to say no to the fella. He looked so sad. Like a wounded puppy. The way he pouted and stuffed his ring pop back into his pocket almost made her cry. Good times. Too bad all of her friends were too busy to come to this concert with her. She got into her car and drove off.

Beyoncé was so nervous. This was her first show of the tour. No one had seen what she had in store for them. She spent hours, days, and months perfecting her show. It was going to be epic! She felt like she had outdone herself once again for her loyal fans. It was going to be magical. She had learned a few new spells to help with her visuals. It was moments before her performance when she felt a shift in the atmosphere. Something was different, but in a good way. She chopped it up to performance jitters. However when she was lifted onto the stage, she knew that it wasn't her. It was the five foot five brunette in the front row that had her on edge. As they locked eyes, she knew exactly what was happening. She had found her mate at only twenty three years old. The girl looked starstrucked. Beyoncé decided then and there that she would put on the performance of her lifetime. After all, she did have a smoking hot mate to impress. She could tell that the girl was supernatural just like her.