Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Elizabeth Carson, the owner of Daycare Orphanage has taken care of young orphans for a very long time. Penelope was one of them. She doesn't have a last name as her parents abandoned her and was brought by an unknown person to the orphanage. Elizabeth named her, Penelope which in the Bible meant 'one who is wise'. The orphanage was an unusual type, where boys and girls were separated, and the only time they could interact was during lunch breaks, where the kids were free to play around. But Elizabeth didn't like when the girls would talk to the boys or vice versa, so she would always make sure they never talked, even at lunch.
Penelope grew up in the orphanage with her other orphan friends, but on this particular day, when a young boy was brought to the orphanage, he caught Penelope's eye. She was 10 at that time, the boy being 12, two years older than her.
Penelope felt a weird connection, some type of unexplainable feeling that she had never felt. Since she could only see him during lunch breaks and wasn't allowed to talk to him, all she did was  observe him as if he was an art piece in the museum.
"Earth to Penelope!" Hailey, one of Penelope's friends said trying to get her attention.
"Oh sorry"
"What were you daydreaming about now huh?" Hailey asked.
"You could say that, he definitely is a dream" Penelope said, leaving Hailey confused.
Just then, lunch break ended and the kids were called back inside.
"Come on let's go." Hailey said and ran back inside.
"I will figure out who you are, just you wait." Penelope chuckled under her breath and went back inside.
*****

At night, when everyone was asleep, Penelope sneaked out of her room and went to the front office where the information of every kid in the orphanage is stored.
"Come on, come on where is it?!" Penelope said getting frustrated.
"Ahah! Finally, it looks like i found you!" She smirked.
"Liam Wyatt,  Age 12, favourite activity is playing soccer, favourite food is pasta, blah blah blah…" Penelope went on reading his profile.
After finally finding out about him, she sneaked back to her room and wrote every information she collected, from both the profile and from observations.