Chapter 11

Mia's POV

What the hell just happened? He did leave in the middle of it. And on top of that, he didn't say a single word to me. I was fuming with anger and disappointment too. I went to my room and locked the door so that he couldn't come. I dipped onto the bed and covered myself in a blanket and drifted off to sleep.

After an hour there was a knock on the door that had me get up from the bed. I twisted the doorknob open and he burst the door open up flinched at the action of his.

"How dare you lock the door?" He came to me with so much anger in his voice.

"What?" I laugh "And how dare you leave me on the floor and go back to your work without saying a word."

As soon as the words leave my mouth his face softened and the anger was gone "I am sorry but that was an important call."

"Well.. you could at least say something."

He wraps his arm around my waist and kisses my forehead  "I'm a jerk" he says so low I couldn't even hear him.

I push him against the door frame and wrap my legs around his waist and kiss him. He pulled me up holding me and sliding his tongue in my mouth "Let's get dinner, love."

I nod and we went downstairs.

*** *** ***

The next day I decided to go shopping. Jimmy tags himself along. Well.. of course Derek won't let me go out alone "It's for your safety" his words. Whatever I'll get bored going alone, I could use company even if it's a bodyguard.

After an hour of walking through malls, I got super tired. I told Jimmy to stop by a nearby Starbucks.

I order a coffee and some pancakes and Jimmy refuses to sit with me. Being a bodyguard he just stands and keeps me safe.

*** *** ***

On my way to the mansion, there was a super annoying traffic jam I fell asleep in the car only.

After half an hour I woke up to the sound of shooting. I swear to god I'd never been scared in my life before, we're still in the car, and the traffic jam is the same as before.

"Ms. Singh you needn't worry, take a rest we'll reach in some time," said Jimmy somewhat telling me to be calm but I can't. There's shooting outside and it's dangerous. Anyone can get killed.

I storm out of the car to look at what's happening out there. I am shaken at the sight of blood oozing out from the guy's head and in front of that guy standing a ruthless killer wearing a black suit. I got so scared I ran towards the car and insist Jimmy drive fast and get me out of this mess.

*** *** ***