Strange Powers

Natsu:

For the past few days, I had watched Lucy without even moving from the broken chair I had been sitting in. The healer had mixed up some strange herbal remedy that made my stomach queasy just looking at it. Ever since, I woke up to give her the remedy and watched her sleep, making sure she didn't even skip a breath.

Mira Jane brought me food and I slept in the chair by her bed every night, just in case she woke up. It was around 3 a.m. as I watched her chest and stomach rise up and down with every breath. I smiled to myself as I watched the way her eyes twitched under her eyelids along with the way the light seemed to illuminate her body. Why was I acting like this? 

Soon, my feet were carrying me over to her bed and I quietly sat down, feeling it move underneath my body. Her usually perfect untangled blonde hair was in tangles on her pillows giving her a halo. I brushed a few strands away from her delicate face. She was a China doll. Delicate and frail looking.

Before I knew it, I was humming a tune that I remembered as a kid. Igneel had taught it to me because I was always scared to sleep in the forest I lived in. I sat closer and put her head in my lap, still humming the song. Lucy always had laid my head in her lap when I got motion sickness on the train.

I saw her smile a little but was still asleep. Please wake up soon Lucy. I can't live without you.

Lisanna:

When I got back to Fairy Tail with Erza, the whole guild was an absolute mess. Levy and Gajeel were putting up newer and fixed tables as Mira swept the floors with tense arms. Erza hurried forward in a panic to speak to the guild. She questioned everyone about the incident until Mira turned into her demon form and caused Erza to back off.

I smiled slightly and walked up the stairs to the infirmary where my best friend spent his time. The door to Lucy's room was cracked open and I could see Natsu stroking her hair and humming a tune that I remembered him singing to me when we were children. He looked so happy and peaceful by her. 

A part of me broke a little inside at the scene that would never happen to me even if I had dreamed about it all through my childhood. I'd always liked him more than just a friend, but now I realized that I never really loved him more than a brother. And he never loved me. I sighed and walked away with a smile. 

They were going to get together and I was gonna make it happen.

Lucy:

I didn't remember much while I was passed out. I could hear Natsu and only Natsu next to me, giving me some small feeling that wasn't really there. He was humming a childhood song which made me warm inside rather than feeling cold and dead. I remembered him placing my head in his lap while stroking my hair even though it would tangle in his fingers. I wish I could keep this moment for eternity. 

Suddenly I felt something awaken in me and I leaped out of the black abyss in my head and slowly opened my eyes. A certain pink haired guy was asleep still facing me with his legs curled up to my side. He had his hands loosely over my chest, not in a pervy way, but in a protective way. I smiled and shifted a little to look at him even clearer. He groaned and slowly opened his eyes and looked down at me. They widened and his jaw dropped.

"Luce! You're okay! Oh my Mavis, I was so worried for you," he happily whispered. His arms moved and pulled me up against him until my head was against his chest. I breathed in his fiery scent and smiled weakly. He hugged me tightly and buried his face in my hair. I laughed against his chest. He pulled away and made me face him.