Retaliation Hit

*Cook County Criminal Court Administration*

Detective Hank Voight walked down a flight of stairs and was met by one of his various partners waiting for him at the bottom. They did a small, one armed hug before the older man released a sigh and looked out over the city.

"I'm hungry." He smirked.

"Mind if I join you?" A new, yet familiar, voice inquired.

Hank shifted his gaze downwards and found his daughter standing a few feet away. Just her mere presence alone was enough to silence the little voice in his head that had been taunting him with the idea that she was never going to show up. That possible outcome had been plaguing his mind ever since he called to tell her about his pending release. But seeing Ana here now made all of that go away.

"Of course not." The older man smiled, stepping forwards and wrapping his arms tightly around her small figure.

The brunette just closed her eyes, basking in the feeling of being able to hug her father again after not seeing him for almost six whole months.

"I missed you, Daddy." She murmured as one of his hands began gently carding through her hair.

"I know, Pumpkin. I missed you too." He admitted, quietly, and pulled back after a few more seconds. "But I think we need to catch up on a few things. Especially concerning a certain Candidate accusing your man of raping her?"

"Tara Little." Ana spat the name out in disgust and anger. "She came over to the Apartment with a six pack of beer but Kelly barely let her get two sentences out before practically shutting the door in her face."

"I believe you." Hank assured. "I'm just saying I'm right here if you want me to-"

"Can we not talk about this right now?" The brunette cut him off, gently, cracking a small smile. "Besides, I thought we were getting something to eat?"

"Come on then." The older man chuckled, throwing an arm around her shoulders. "Let's get something in you before you start running head first into any burning buildings."

*At Firehouse 51: A Little While Later*

Ana walked in just in time to see Chief pin a poster to the bulletin board closest to the Long Table.

"Okay, everybody listen up." He commanded, turning to face all the other Firefighters and continuing when they quieted down. "In light of recent events- recent allegations, rather- personnel division has flagged this house for sexual harassment sensitivity training."

"Uh, Chief? I think actually it's sexual harassment and sensitivity training. 'Cause the way that you just said it, it makes it sound like we have to be sensitive toward sexual har-"

Joe quickly realized what he was saying and clamped his mouth shut, using his coffee mug to shield himself from the older man's scathing glare.

"Captain Benson will be exempt from this. Due to her strong ties to the Manhattan Special Victims Unit, they feel it would be extremely redundant to put her through the training." Chief explained, nodding warmly at the brunette before heading back in the direction of his Office.

Ana was about to walk further into the Common Room when she heard footsteps behind her and turned around, coming face to face with her husband who was in the process of undoing his tie.

"You're hearing." The Captain muttered. "Look, Kelly, again, I'm-"

"You apologize to me one more time and we're getting a divorce." He joked, not at all serious about the idea but it did its job and made her look up in suprise. "We've been through this already. I get it. Really I do. And, besides, I wasn't gonna let you miss the chance to see your old man again anyway."