III

Volume one
Episode three
'Jal'

̩   。 ☆   ゚ *   。*  +   *  ・ 。☆͙  ☆   *

Rory's POV

Today was a boring day of- shopping with Jal and Sid.

For a girl, I hate shopping. I fuckinf hate it. Despite this, Jal needed a dress for her musician of the year competition so I agreed to help her choose. As much as I adore Jal, the girl has no dress sense.

"This one?" She ask, holding a horrible brown dress over her figure, that she tried to convince me it was green.

Sid and I look at each other, and then back to Jal. I shake my head. "Jal. There is no way I'll allow you to be on national television on that thing"

She sighs and drops the dress. "Rory! I don't know what else to wear!" She begins to get frustrated.

I sigh and turn around; grabbing a little black dress from a hanger behind me and I hand it to her.

"There you go, babe. This'll fit you so well" I smile at my friend.

"Aurora.. there's no way I can wear this"

"You can- and you will" Sid smiles, and closes the curtain so she can change.

"Jesus" I sigh. And sit on the seat behind me. Sid plopped down beside me.

"You heard from Michelle?" Sid asks, hesitating.

"Nope" I say to my brother, popping the 'p'. "And I don't want to. She's a bitch and you know it"

"She's not a-"

"Don't start. Sid" I roll my eyes.

He stands up and exits the changing rooms.

I shake my head and brinf out my phone, just in time as I received a text.

Tone❤️‍🩹
Hey you, where are you?

Princess 🩷
Shopping with Jal and Sid. It's so boring, tone.

Tone❤️‍🩹
Oh really? Come round and see me.

Princess
I wish I could, tone. But I'll see you tonight x

Tone❤️‍🩹
Oh yeah, the club. See you later lovie x

I invited Jal back to my house after she done her television interview, we decided to watch it together- let's just say it didn't go well.

"So if you win, will we see you in the charts?" The man asks.

"No"

"Right. And your family, they must be very proud of you"

"No"

"Uh.. are they musical, too?"

"No"

"Um.. right. Um.. have you decided ever you're going to wear on the big night?"

"No"

I turn my head and face my friend. "Fucking hell Jal"

"What?" She asks, almost offended.

"Do you have to be sooo sulky all the time?" I ask, patting her thigh gently.

"I'm not" she says, Sounding very unconvinced herself.

"All I'm saying Jal, is if I were on telly I'd make an effort. Look at you!" I chuckle.

She sighs. I grab the brown dress that she was willing to wear to her competition. "And this.. I mean fucking hell! Why Jal?"

"I don't know" she shrugged.

"How much was this one?" I ask my friend, looking at the horrible dress in my hands.

"14 quid"

"Fucks sake, it's brown!" I hold it to her face.

"It's not. It's green" she says, I sigh of annoyance. "I suit green"

I throw the dress on the floor.

"Rory, I payed good money for that!"

"You indeed did not" I stand up and walk over towards my wardrobe.
I pick out a black low cut dress. Definitely not Jal, but she'd look great.

"Jesus, Rory. I can't wear that stuff!"

"Shut up. You, girl, need to learn a few tricks" I smile at my friend, holding the dress against me.

"Like what?"

"Like looking good, you need fashion taste" I chuckle to myself.

"This is why we are friends, Jal. You okay the claranetta, I look Shaggable. Well for one person.."

"It's the clarinet" she corrects me.

"Tomato, tomata" I groan.

Jal sighs again, sounding defeated.

"Try it on at least?" I suggest.

—