˗ˏˋ chap. 8 ☆ skater cult ˎˊ˗

The door was surprisingly really quiet. 'Thankfully the door didn't make any noise' I sigh to myself. The walk to the skatepark was very boring. The streets were dead silent and unsettling. My phone was in my pocket just in case I needed it. Instead of skating, I walked because I was still pretty bad at skating.

It was dark out but the street lights were on so it wasnt that spooky. The streets were lit up by the lights. I got there and I saw Miya sitting down, looking at his phone. Miya was already at the park we were at earlier. He was sitting on the bench and looking at his phone. Once I came into his view, he looked up from his phone.

"Yoo, did you wait long?" I asked him once he saw me.

"Nope, just got here. I see you didnt die."

"Yeah, but I had a heart attack before coming here."

"What, how??"

"My cousin was awake. I'm hoping he won't tell anyone that I'm sneaking out."

"At least you made it out alive." He smiled.

"Sure, whatever, now let's go to this skating gang or whatever."

"Not a gang" He reminded me.

He handed me this "S" shaped badge. It had an arrow, red and yellow. I put the badge in my pocket. 'This was definitely a gang.'  We both skated to the "S" place. Somehow, I didn't fall or trip while skating.

"So what are we gonna do at this place??" I asked.

"You'll see," He winks and skates ahead. I stayed on the sidewalk. We went uphill then downhill. After a few minutes of skating, there was a gate with guards. The guards wanted to see the badges. Miya shows the badge and I do the same. The guard lets us pass.

"Woahhh, what is this place??!" It was amazing, it was like looking at a movie set. There were paths to skate down, like a race track. Ramps, for skating tricks.

"Secret Skating area called S, where all the cool skaters hang out"

"Uh huh. Then why'd you bring me here??" I was still admiring the racetrack that seemed to be an abandoned mine.

"Because you're cool"

"Not a "cool skater", I can barely skate properly"

"You can work on that here,"

"Uh huh, there's a lot of stuff going here." I look around the place, skaters skating everywhere, and some people watching the others. There were so many skaters. Well, not a lot but more than the other skate parks.

"Yeah, maybe not here" I guess he saw my anxious face. This place was so cool yet so scary. I felt out of place. Why am I here? I suck at skateboarding. There are so many amazing skaters here.

"Yeah, I probably need more practice, before this" So many people passed us, but one group waved at Miya. Miya waved back and started skating to them. I had to follow him or I'd get lost in the crowd. He gently grabbed my hand and we both skated to the group. The red haired dude, Reki, was in the group.

"Omg, is that MIYA??" I overheard some girls about our age whispering to each other. Miya heard them too and waved to them. They started blushing and giggling. Once they stop giggling they look at me. "Who's that person with him? Are they new like Snow??" They pointed to me and I ignored them. 'Weirdos, and who is Snow?'

"You never said you were famous." I laugh

"Well, that's not something you tell people when you first meet them." He just shrugs. It was like nothing to him, being famous.