[ 11 ]

"What do we do with him?"

Was the question that was on everyone's minds, Jisung finally brought it to the forefront. The group of seven were seated around a table in their briefing room and had been for the past hour. All but Felix shrugged. He had just spent a long time with Chan, explaining things. Now Chan was left alone, sleeping, in another room.

Still, what he'd ever do with Chan was something he hadn't figured out. All he knew was that he did not want to get Chan involved in his messed-up world of organized crime.

"I vote we kill him," Changbin deadpanned.

"I swear to god, Changbin," laughed Jeongin, rolling his eyes.

"You know what?" the long-haired boy, Hyunjin said. "I vote we kill Jeongin since he's the dick that got us here."

Jeongin quickly shut up after that statement, head down as the others laughed at him.

"Oh shut up you idiots," Felix mumbled as he tried to think over the loud giggling being had around the table.

"Can't he just join?" Minho suggested with a shrug of the shoulders.

Felix's eyebrows creased, he really didn't want this for Chan.

"Are you dumb? Of course, he can't!" Changbin said in a loud voice, thumping Minho's shoulder.

The latter grunted in pain. "Fuck you," he muttered with a scowl.

"What? Did he call you short too?" Seungmin snarled, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Oh, would you shut the fuck up? Get out!" Felix snapped at Seungmin. "Get the fuck out!"

He stuck his arm out, pointing to the door. Seungmin smirked smugly and pushed himself away from the table, standing up and leaving the room. Clearly satisfied with himself. Felix, however, was not amused, and from the look on his face, no one dared be either.

"If anyone else wants to be a dick, they can get the hell out now, or you can spend the next week as a punching bag in the gym," he growled, staring coldly at the other faces around the table.

The door to where Chan was slowly creaked open, the sound of footsteps arousing him from his doze. The room he was in was larger than the previous ones and much more furnished. With carpeted floors, a set of drawers, and a small but comfortable bed.

The events from the last fourty-eight hours and an unholy amount of jet lag finally kicked in, leaving Chan the most tired he'd ever been. It took no time for him to settle down into the layers of pillows and comfy cotton sheets. He was out cold in seconds.

The footsteps seemed to be getting closer as Chan gradually stirred awake. He yawned and sat up. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, they focused and he could make sense of his surroundings.

And the new figure in the room.

Taller, with two-toned hair and a small face.

"Who are you?" Chan said groggily, voice dry, throat hoarse from the tears that poured from four hours ago.

The boy turned around and smiled. Holding out his hand, he introduced himself, "Kim Seungmin, nice to meet you!"

His face beamed, and Chan felt at ease. Extending his arm, he accepted the gesture, shaking Seungmin's hand happily.

"I'm Christopher."

Seungmin nodded, still smiling. He knew this wasn't something his boss would want him doing.

"I know, Felix told us. You aussie too?"

This time Chan nodded.

The latter clapped his hands together in satisfaction. "You can join the pact then, Felix and Hyunjin would be happy to have you. We got a Brit as well."

Chan sat quietly, storing this information away while he waited for Seungmin to explain exactly why he would ever need it.

"By the way, Chris, what do you want to do now you're here?" Seungmin asked, plopping himself on the end of the bed.

"Now I'm here," Chan hummed and hawed for a few seconds before answering. "I don't know, I have work, but then I have Felix. I want to be with him."

Seungmin grinned, sinister almost.

"That's good, because you know you can't leave, right?"