𝟐𝟓

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 : none

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 : none.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"A dog? Anya wants a dog? How shocking, that girl is afraid of dogs especially when it's twice the size of how big she is

"A dog? Anya wants a dog? How shocking, that girl is afraid of dogs especially when it's twice the size of how big she is." Y/n tilted her head to glance over her shoulders and stared at Anya for a good 10 seconds. Then her gaze went back to Loid who seemed to be thinking the same thing.

There's this one time when he and Anya took a stroll months ago at the park which was also near the dog park, one of the dog owners had let go of their dogs' leash by accident and quickly ran off, jumping over the smaller fences. And it wasn't a surprise when Anya was the first target of the dog to pounce on. The poor girl was laying on the stoned ground unmoving after it seemed like hours before the girl moved again crying her heart out to his father.

"Well… it's what she wants, and besides, this might be a good start for her to be more responsible." Loid shrugged his shoulders as he looked at the pink-haired girl who was talking nonstop about how excited she is to get a puppy, while Yor kept on smiling at her feeling excited as well.

"You do have a point. But, you guys need to be careful finding the right one, if I'm not mistaken, we have another mission to do that regards these animals." Y/n sighed as she remembered being emotional at thought of it. She shook it off as she put on a poker face.

"Anyways, I should be going… Me and Kana are the ones to take care of the kids today. Just give me a call when you need me."

'But I always need you—GOD NO. THIS IS SO UNPROFESSIONAL, STOP IT TWILIGHT!' Loid cursed himself as he could almost lose control of his hand; deeply wanting to punch himself right in the face. Smiling softly at her: he said.

"Of course, I'll see you soon then." Loid nodded his head at her as Y/n gave him a soft smile in response: her–walking up to Yor and Anya who felt another presence coming near them as the two gave Y/n wide smiles. The pink-haired girl jumped onto her as she tackled her mom's legs as Y/n stumbled back a bit but quickly regained her posture.

"I'm getting a dog mama!" She beamed at her with a wide smile.

"That's good to hear honey!" Y/n laughed at her daughter who continued to rant nonstop.

"Mama needs to go to work now hun, be sure to be a good girl for them alright? That mama's new mission for you!"

"Of course mama!"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"What happened!?" Y/n came bursting inside the apartment without even knowing the door, she didn't bother doing so as she rushed towards Anya who was happy to see her mother. Yor beside her was sulking as she looked in the distance with a raging aura around her: still furious at what had happened earlier.

'I won't let Anya get captured like that yet again! That nasty old man—taking advantage of marrying my child!' Yor muttered deathly words as if she was already planning on murdering those who capture the child. Even so, she have already taken them into a beating: she wasn't still satisfied.

"Are you ok!?" Y/n crouched down in front of her while taking her hands to cap the child's cheeks, quickly inspecting her face and body for any injuries. But thank God there wasn't.

"I found the dog I want mama!" Anya excitedly told her as she jumps up and down on the couch with a beaming smile.

"Thank God you're ok…" Y/n whispered as she looks at Loid who was already looking at her.

"She's fine, don't worry. Thanks to Yor she might have been in serious danger." Loid said.

Y/n turns to the still-sulking Yor as she leaps up towards the raven-haired as she pulls her into a tight embrace. Yor who flinched at the sudden appearance of the woman but eyes softened to see her.

"Thank you…"

"I-its no problem really! I would gladly do it again for a thousand times more just for her safety!" Yor chuckled as she hugged the woman back while her raging aura soon wore off feeling proud of herself.

Loid on the other hand couldn't help but stare at her again with glinted eyes, he's been noticing how he's been acting all-so different around you. For all the women he's encountered: he never took an interest this much as he did to you. There was just something in you that he never grasped as to why he would get so attracted to you. To why he was so drawn to you. You're beautiful: and he won't hesitate to say it out loud. You're compassionate, caring, loving, a fighter, and so much more that he couldn't even count.

Was he… Slowly falling in love with you?

No, no, no. Love is such a strong word that he couldn't even say it—or even think about it. He has already told himself that love would only get in his way, and would make his job a lot harder if he would feel this kind of emotion. And his old mentor has already told it to him personally years ago: and he has vowed to do it. He promised them he wouldn't. But, calling his mentor a heartless person would be an overstatement. He admired his mentor for years after training under their supervision, but one thing he doesn't like about them is how they don't show any emotions at all. One thing he has also learned from them.

For a brief moment, he's been getting these thoughts in his head for some time now. Wouldn't it be different if he were to fall in love, just this once? Nothing would change, right?

But, something always makes him get pushed back away from having these ideas happen in reality. He's scared, so scared. Terrified even—that if he fell in love, he would lose control and would break like the past child of himself years ago. He doesn't want people to look at him with pitiful stares like before. He doesn't want to look weak in front of them. He doesn't like getting humiliated.

Oh, how he just wished things were different.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

AUTHORS NOTE:

I'm very sorry for the
short chapter! As well as
publishing this superrrr late :((

Sorry if you see any grammar
errors or anything! I hope you
guys enjoyed reading!

𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 : ✘
𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 : 1110