Chapter Fourteen. Project Sexy

Year E3029

Year E3029

Ocea

The dark glow of the night sky flashed by the window. Main Street became crowded as hover cars pulled into the Moonstone building. With zero corners, this dome-like structure looked like a moon crashed into the blue field. The tall grass of teal and navy shined in the light with the wind blowing around, giving the appearance that there was a body of water there.

"Ocea, take this," Wyatt said from the back seat. He reached his body over my shoulder, bumping Fin's elbow.

"Dude, watch it," Fin said while shifting his sunglasses and focusing on the road as we waited for the front entrance to drop me off.

Wyatt ignored him. "This will make it so we can communicate with one another," he said, handing over a little device to stick in my ear. "Dylan will drop off Stopper and park the car in the back alley, while Fin and I will park this rig in the employee area."

I put the little tan bug-like device in my ear at the exact moment of Wyatt. He smiled at me, then talked in a normal tone. "Stopper, you there?"

"Copy. Project Sexy is three cars behind," Stopper said, feeling like he was in my head.

"Where were you?" I questioned Stopper, angry that Wyatt and Fin were the only ones at the sewer exit on time. They told us they would catch up on the mission, but I felt uneasy leaving without everyone in order.

"Sorry, that was my fault," I heard another voice.

"Jackson?" I questioned.

"Yep," he replied. "Here to help my Savior friends out."

"Okay, time to go," Fin said, pulling up to the drop-off.

I hated doing this right now. Opening my door, I stepped out of the car, letting the wind blow my dress around. I brushed the front of me and walked up the front steps without looking back. The blue dress flowed smoothly down to the ground with a slit up the front, showing off my leg. The silk brushed my skin comfortably, then tightened around my melons.

"Damn, Ocea," Stopper's voice echoed in my ear. "You clean up good."

I rolled my eyes. "Wish I could say the same for you," I whispered while stepping up to a guy in a black suit.

His hand was already reaching out for my information card. I handed him the invite with a smile, faking my emotions. He raked down my body, then coughed into his elbow. The invite glowed a bright color once he scanned it, jumping out of his hand and flying away. I watched with my mouth open, seeing the bug hovering with the others.

"Veil bug?" I questioned.

Dad was obsessed with finding one of these bugs when I was little. He said it would bring good luck. Little did I know, I had one in my hands this whole time.