Chapter Two

It was one of the biggest games for the Duke football team and the coaches. It was their first championship game in 5 years and it was all because of their quarterback, he lead the team to where they are now.

It was also a good thing for Daniel, now even more NFL teams would be watching him. Surely one of them would hope to draft the man.

Devyn already knew that she would follow Daniel wherever he went. It could be the end of the Earth and she still would follow him there.

Devyn walked into the locker room she could tell the team was pumped up and ready to play this game. Play and win.

She joined the circle of coaches and players, the head coach gave her a welcoming nod. The head coach loved having Devyn on his coaching staff, he saw now naturally it came to her and how good she was at it. Hell, she was better than some of the coaches that have been doing it for years.

"Listen up!" the coach said getting everyone's attention, "We have one hell of an opportunity today. Let's not waste it. Alright?" he asked looking around at his team.

"Great moments are born from great opportunity. And that's what we have here today, boys. And that's what you've earned here today one game.
If we played them ten times, they might win nine, but not this game. Not today. Today we play with them, we stay with them, and we shut them down because today we are the greatest college football team in the world. You were born to be football players every single one of you. And you were meant to be here today. This is your time, their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing how great the LSU is. Screw them. This is your time to shine. Now go out there and take it." The coach said firing everyone up. The rest of the coaches clapped and smiled at the speech the head coach just made.

Devyn looked at Daniel and sent him a proud smile. She knew what he was capable of and she knew he could go out there and win this game.

Devyn looked around looking for the defensive coordinator who she was unable to locate in the locker room.

"Hey, coach, where's Eil?" Devyn inquired of him.

"He had an emergency and couldn't make it tonight. Congratulations, Dev, you're the coordinator today." The coach said with a smile handing her the papers she would need.

"I can't do this, coach," Devyn told the man as she took the papers.

"If I thought you couldn't handle it someone else would be here. You can do this. It comes naturally to you, more so than most men I know that coach. You are gifted at this. You should be a coach and not a teacher teaching math to second graders." He said before walking off leaving the woman there.

She took a deep breath before grabbing a headset and walking onto the field. The stadium was packed, Devyn never saw it so full before.

"Where's Eli?" Jonny asked as he and his teammates walked over to the woman reading the plays that Eli had down. She and Eli went over them but this was her first time alone.

"He couldn't be here today for literally the biggest game yet," Devyn said trying not to sound stressed. "So im the coordinator today."

"You got this, Dev." Her best friend said reassuring the woman.

"Thank you, Jon." She said with a half smile.

There were three minutes left on the clock Devyn's defense came running to the sideline. They held the opposing team back causing a punt.

"Let's go! That's what I'm talking about!" Devyn said yelling at her players as they ran back.

"I'm proud of each one of you!" Devyn said patting their helmets, she looked over and saw Daniel smiling at her. "I'll be right back." She said before running off.