Chapter 1: Denise and the Deal

It was a normal day in the Titan Academy. Many students were pulling up to school, whether it was by walking, a ride, the train or bus.

A car pulled up to the school, and out the door, JianHao came out, as did his twin sister Nicole.
"At least you didn't leave me, unlike the last time." Whilst saying this, Nicole rolled her eyes.
"It wasn't me, it was Walter. You know him." Jianhao replied, giving a side eye to Walater. He looked terrified.
"Anyways I got to meet with Denise, what about you?"
"Oh, I'm meeting with Julynn." Nicole said.
They went their separate ways, going to where they chose.

As Maddy went to class, Vincent exclaimed, "It's too early for school." I may as well have stayed home already."
"Of course you would. Where's Denise?" JianHao asked. She was normally there in the school so early.
"Oh well, she will be in class, you know her." Vincent reassured him.
They headed to school together, to their class.

Denise Taylor was putting her books away in her locker. She was always early to school, eager to learn. Teachers had learnt to get used to seeing her in school.

Teverly had come out of nowhere, looking at Denise with tension. It was only when Denise noticed that teverly went away.

What did he want now???

Mrs Regna had unexpectedly come up to her.
"Meet me in my office, Denise. Just a quick session.."
Denise was worried. What has she done? She wasn't very likely to be naughty or chest, or whatever. She reluctantly followed Mrs Regna in her office.
"Seeing your reports, Denise, you are the example of a perfect student. You have the top grades of the academy, amazing work ethics, which is what the school obliges you to have."
"But there is one thing, I need you to do. I just need to scan your fingerprint. Just to complete your record and all. Quickly." "are you sure, Miss?" Denise asked.
"Yes," Mrs Regna said. In a tone that meant no questions be asked.
She had already gotten a machine out that scanned Denise's fingerprint, and it was done.
"Is that all? Should I do anything else?"
She asked.
"No, although I would say to keep your peers as perfect as they should be, as they are representing the school, after all... We wouldn't want to have any problems..."
She ushered Denise away, closing the door. Once nobody saw, she got the fingerprint and the hair, to scan it and do something... Not too discreet.
The organization couldn't possibly harm the students of Titan Academy again, right?

The bell rang, it was signalling the start of lessons. Teachers went to their classes.
Miss Sherly went to Class T1T5's room, where all the students were abuzz of the things they heard today.
Sitting in their normal place, JianHao and Vincent waited for Denise, whilst looking around their classroom. They saw Kevin, who was with Julynn, Debbie chatting with Vicky and Nicole, Ben and Hakim, Juhi doing a TikTok Dance, Maddy who was eating snacks, Mina who was drinking boba,  with Ren Yi Xiang with Pei Shi, Ashley and Cheryl, Terry on his phone,  Sierra and Livy  gossiping and Abbey, a slim and tall girl comforting Trev, who was crying about his "Doggy Coins."
Denise came in, finally- but she was late. She looked like she had cried before, yet hid it.
"Denise, are you ok?" JianHao asked.
"I'm ok, it is just allergies," Denise reassured the trio. However, it was not allergies... It was a family issue.
Just then, Miss Sherly came in the classroom.
However, Miss Sherly's face  suddenly was looking concerned.
"Class, some of you will not like this news, however, The Organization has called an assembly and require you all to be there. Fix your attire before going there, as they will detention you. Got it?"
The whole class looked at each other. What could they want now?