Chapter 18: An unlikely partnership

Recap 💀
Maddy is taken by the organization as bait for Hao
The whole school knows THE rumor about Hao and Maddy (which BTW is wrong)
Sunny.

-----------------------------------------------

Jas was stuck in detention. Great. She had to go meet hao at lunch because apparently Chloe had something important to tell everyone.
It was to do with the organization. So if course it was INTERESTING!
But no. She got detention thanks to...
Cleverly?
Yeah it was SOMEHOW cleverly. For some reason, because he was the last person to get in trouble.

Here's how it started:

FYI: I got let back in the school after failing my E Sports career. Not for me. Then again, I have my ways. (Didn't bribe anyone, ewww!)

And cleverly? He was disguised as a different student, name tag Tong En. They didn't suspect anything and he came here from "Imperial Local School". On a scholarship.

But its hard to deal with him if he's so uptight.

As usual, I was messing around in class because she had nothing better to do, along with Abbey and Juhi.
However, cleverly was in her class. "Wasn't he Diana's first boyfriend?" She thought. She didn't know what Diana saw in him. Then again, she didn't know Diana much anymore.
Who did? That weird guy, teverly who always hung out with Diana and looked LIKE cleverly.  He was defo a reason. And a target.
So, I doubt teverly and cleverly were the same person.

Anyway, he got moved to my class because of the banding system. Unsurprisingly I am smart too. And i was seated next to him. I mean, i could use him, but he would be a grass and tell on me so I didn't bother.
At the start of lesson, he hadn't done his homework. Which actually I was surprised, nerds like him always did their homework.
He got a detention. It makes me almost feel bad for him.
Juhi who was nearby, wanted me to pass on a note to Abbey, who The teacher wasn't noticing. We had many subs because half the teachers either left, were brainwashed or in the revolution.
I gave it to cleverly, who I assumed would be decent and pass it to Abbey, but he didn't.
Seriously? It's just a note. I don't get why he's so uptight.
"Cleverly? Pass it! It's just a note." I was frustrated with him at this point.
"No, you need to stop with all this distractions and get to work. The teacher will tell us off." He fixed his hair and was off to spewing algebraic formulas on his paper.
"Cleverly, I won't ask you again. Pass it!" I hissed at him.
"No. And don't call me cleverly. You know I'm "Tong En."
Right. If he wouldnt pass it, I would have to go up to Abbey myself. Plan B.
"Miss Hannah!" *
A hand shot up and I knew that voice.
"Jasmine is distracted again."
"Thank you, Tong En. Jasmine, really? The organization is stricter than ever and you have the nerve to distract yourself?"
"But miss I-"
"Detention, Jas."
"Fine." That defiant tone I gave when I was blamed for something. Or in the wrong.
I don't think cleverly gave me a smug look or anything.

Now
Anyway, at lunch I had to message the group (mainly Abbey)

Abs

Jas • 12:33
Soz guys got detention with cleverly

Abs • 12:34
it's ok i'll tell the rest. tbh woz cleverlys fault x

Jas • 12:34
Real.

So I made my way to the door where the detention was.
Mr Dan was there, which was good because it's not like he was any authority, he can't even control a class if he tried.
"ok students come in, take a seat." It was only me and Cleverly.
No surprise he was already there.
As I took my seat, Mr Dan said: "Jasmine and Cleverly. The duo we didn't know we needed."
"Mr dan, don't you have laundry to go carry?" I wished someone else was with me so they'd all agree. I dont think cleverly would. He respects teachers , even Mr Dan (that's bad.)
"Right. I'm going to sleep. Peace." Mr Dan got a cup out and drank from it, but then he was asleep quick.
I surveyed the area quick, then got a flashlight and shone it at the security camera. After, I went out my seat and got the keys from Mr Dan.
"What are you doing? Were meant to stay put!"
I can't take anymore with this guy.
"Cleverly. You and I both know we don't want to be here." I tried to bribe him.
"Yeah, well I got a detention. I need to face my consequences."
Why is he so defiant? I don't get how Diana put up with him.
"Listen, cleverly." I knew I had to convince him, somehow, to pull of my master plan.
The one me, Cheryl and Nicole (if she was still here) planned.
"You always stay where you are, don't you? Why?"
"Well.... It was like he was lost for words. "I always follow the rules because.. they were there for a reason. And if nobody follows them, who will?"
It was hard to sympathize with him, but I had to be a good sport.
"Also... Diana. She was reckless and bold, and yet I felt like the mature, responsible one. I had to. Who wouldn't? If we were going to be together, there had to be some sort of authority.
And listening to it? I felt bad.
Genuinely.
"Well, cleverly... I think you should go along with the plan." I said to him.
"What?"
"Because. Do it for the school. Do it for us. Your the smartest out of all of us and you know how to hack into the school and to work the serum out. Do it for...
Diana."
Either way I think I convinced him because he seemed to be on board.
"Live a little. And so what if your expelled? I mean, we can expose them anyway. And... We can find other school options. After all, they are problems for tomorrow. Diana would have wanted you to live a little.
"Ok." Cleverly agreed.
YES! I got him to agree.
"Alright, here's how the plan will go." I said. He looked eager enough to do it, right?
"So first. You are going to go up that vent- yes that vent. Up there. Meanwhile I will go to the science room - nobody will notice us because they're all at the lunch hall and Mr Dan is asleep.
"Next you will use the vent then go down the one on your left - second exit to the left, got that? Then you get the needles that have a sign saying ORGANIZATION ONLY. After, you climb back up the vent because the area your in is not safe to be freely walking around. There are many teachers and prefects; cough Denise. And Denise is not your friend right now. She's been brainwashed.
"After you climb up that vent again, you go the 3rd one on your right. That's the science room. Then we mix the substances together and make an...
Anti Organization Serum.
Cleverly was unfazed of the whole plan. And the name.
"I'll think of a better name. Go along with it... Starting now. Get up."
"But- but what if they see us?" Cleverly was worried.
"I am one step ahead of you on that." Jas got her phone and shone a flashlight at the CCTV cameras. They were broken but it didn't hurt to try.
"Alright, go up." Jas beckoned him.
"Actually, did you know the CCTV-"
"Thanks for the info and all but I have a heist to pull off." Jas ushered him into the vent.
Hopefully he doesn't get claustrophobic up there, I thought.