Chapter 61 - 15 February 2022

Life had returned to somewhat normality during the past eight weeks

Life had returned to somewhat normality during the past eight weeks. The guys had thoroughly enjoyed their time off; often one or more jetted away to somewhere new and exotic for a holiday. While I was a little jealous hearing all the amazing stories of their trips away, I enjoyed just spending time with Yoongi at home. We were the only ones from the household who didn't go anywhere.

Tae and Joon took a very excited Sophie to explore Paris and parts of provincial France. At first I was a little apprehensive about the trip, not because I didn't trust them, but because I had not been separated from my daughter for nearly three weeks before. But seeing the look on her face when I said she could go made all my worries float away. I was excited to see them again when they would be arriving home later today.

Jin took Nari on a babymoon, a second honeymoon before the baby arrives in a couple of months. They came back from the Amalfi Coast, where they spent a couple of weeks having a foodie's dream holiday. Both of the expectant parents had spammed the group chat with photos of the scenery and pretty little vistas they found, along with each and every dish they ordered. Yoongi and I were jealous, but promised each other we would go there one day.

Iseul took JK to the adventure capital of the world, Queenstown, New Zealand, where they had a vacation filled with so many extreme sports I was worried their hearts would stop. The couple tested their limits with activities like bungee jumping, sky diving, and riding on the super-fast jet boats. Since I'd been to New Zealand many times, I gave Iseul a list of places that the pair might like, and I was proud as punch to see their happy faces in the photos they sent us at each idea I gave them. They even got matching tattoos to commemorate their holiday.

Mia and Hobi jetted off to New York, where they spent a snow-filled start to the new year basking in all the sights, sounds and fun that only the Big Apple can provide. I couldn't believe two of the photos that came through the group chat – my cousin had met our childhood heartthrob, Leonardo DiCaprio, at one of the restaurants they dined in with the three posing for a photo; then the next night they were invited to have dinner with Taylor Swift. It was hard to gauge who was more excited in that photo, Taylor from meeting Hobi, or Mia for being a Swiftie and meeting her non-K-Pop idol.

After exploring Canada for a couple of weeks with his friends, Taemin from SHINee and EXO's Kai, Jimin had planned on joining Tae, Joon and Sophie on their trip but instead he had to have his appendix removed. Not wanting to add extra stress to Yoongi and I, he had decided to return to his hometown to recover, saying that he wanted to spend some time with his family. I wanted to look after my best friend, but I knew I needed to focus on myself first.

While everyone else was having fun on holidays, I'd started physical therapy to help right the damage the neurotoxin did to my body, in particular my leg strength. Yoongi was incredible, being the supportive fiancé during our sessions with the physio, as well as my hype man and cheerleader when I didn't think I could go any further or wanted to quit. Each night, he would massage my sore limbs before making love to me, telling me how proud of me he was, and how much he loved and cherished me.