chapter 3- the train ride

i sat awkwarldly on my seat. hands on my lap staring at it intently.

noah and chase sat infront of lucy and i and there was just an eerie silence between all four of us.

i got bored and moved to look out the window and all i could i see was blurry fields but i still stood there.

i felt someone touch my shoulders and i was turned to face a sad looking chase. soon he pulls me into a hug. i hugged him back.

"hey. sorry about being picked." he said calmly and i pull away.

"it's ok, really." i said smiling at him.

"why don't i get a hug?" lucy askes looking at us with puppy eyes.

"two reasons, lucy." chase started. "first, you shouldn't have taken her place. look what you got yourself into. and second, i'm your brother for crying out loud! we always hug." he said opening his arms for lucy which she accepts.

"i'm really sorry, chase. i don't want to see you like this. atleast let me join you?" she asked smiling.

chase laughed at that and pulled away from the hug.

i saw noah sitting in his seat as quietly as possible.

i knew noah once, long ago. he was in my kinder garten class and he was very shy. he never really was much of a talker.

i sat back down at my seat which was infront of him and gave him a smile.

"hi." i said. he looked up at me not knowing how to reply.

"hi." he said smiling lightly.

"i still remember you, you know." i state. he looked at me and smile.

"me too. we used to be classmates in kindergarten." he said.

"hi i'm Lucy." she cutted in. holding out her hand which noah took with a shy smile.

"noah." his simple reply. and i could see lucy's cheeks tint the softest shade of pink.

they pull back smiling. i have a smirk plastered on my face and the slightest idea popping in my head every once in a while.

mission: Lucy and Noah

"hello? earth to melody. are you there?" lucy asked waving her hand in front of my face.

i jerk her hand away and smiled. "yes. you have contacted melody, lucy of earth." i said.

"stop smirking." she stated. "it's getting creepy." she said and i lightly laugh.

we all sat down on our seats and was engaged in a conversation- all four of us. after talking for a long time, we were called for dinner.

after, Lucy and i head to our room while noah and chase head to theirs.

i sat on my bed admiring the sea blue silk cover. i pulled the cover and settled in the bed. i start to fall asleep.

"hey, melody?" lucy asked from her bed. i turned to face her.

"yeah?" i asked.

"what do you think will happen if we meet the other elementals?"

i pondered for it for a while and came up with my answer.

"i really don't know what will happen, lucy. but i'm sure it will be interesting." i said.

"maybe your right. but i have to be honest...fire elementals scare me." i laugh lightly at that.

"fire is scary. it is to us." i told her.

"let's just not think about it and go to sleep." she said.

"ok. goodnight." i said.

"night." lucy yawned.

tomorrow will be an interesting day.

•°•°•°•°•

A/N: sorry this chapter took so long. i didnt have much time to right and i am very very sorry.

please do vote, fan, and comment and tell me what you think about this chapter. it would mean alot.

-meg <3