CHAPTER 6

The next day, everyone came to the bureau but Daya and Purvi didn't talk. Kavin felt bad seeing the siblings like that. So he went near Daya.

'Sir, pls ab bas kijiye.. Purvi aur mai chote bachchhe nahi hai.. Hum yeh matter khud se solve karenge.. Isliye usse baat kijiye sir..' Kavin said.

'Tum sab aise kyun baat kar rahe ho..? Baat vo nahi kar rahi hai.. Agar vo mujhse kuch bhi puchegi toh mai usse jawaab dunga..' Daya said and left. Kavin sighed and looked at Purvi.

At night, she was sitting in her car closing her eyes and everyone already left the bureau except for Kavin. Kavin knocked on the window and she sighed seeing him there. She then rolled down the window.

'Mai tumse baat karna chahta hu..' Kavin said.

'Kahiye..' She said without looking at him.

'Darwaza kholo na mere pair dukh rahe hai.. Mai bait ke baat karunga..' Kavin said hoping she will open the door. She opened the door while Kavin sat closing the door.

'Purvi mai..' Kavin said.

'Seede mudde pe aaiye..' She said.

'Ghar chalo.. Mere saath ek kamre mei rehne ki zaroorat nahi hai.. Tum chaho tho dusre kamre mei reh sakti ho.. Mere liye na sahi kam se kam apne bhai ki khushi ke liye tho chalo pls..' Kavin said requesting her.

'Bhai ki khushi..? She smirked and got down from the car and asked Kavin to leave.

3 months passed by, Kavin talked with Purvi and tried his best to take her home with him. However he failed. It was midnight, Kavin and Purvi were all alone in the bureau.

Purvi completed her work and came near her car. Kavin stopped her from sitting inside by grabbing her arm. She looked at him and then at her hand. He sighed and looked at her.

'Purvi ab bahut hua.. Mai maanta hu ki maine Daya sir aur di ki shaadi karwaya token adli badli kar ke.. Lekin maine kaha na ki mai tumse pyaar karta hu isliye bhi adla badli ki kyunki mai tumhe khona nahi chahta hu..' Kavin said.

'Mera haath chodiye..' She said.

'Purvi.. Kya ek baar hum koshish nahi kar sakte apne rishte ko aage badane ki..? Ek baar mujhe mauka tho do apna pyaar dikhane ka.. Tumne jo chaha vaisa kiya ab tak, ab tho mere saath chalke mujhe ek mauka do.. Maine tumhari kis faisla ka respect nahi kiya hai batao..' Kavin asked.

She tried to remove his grip and he pulled her near him.

'Mai tumse baat kar raha hu..' He said.

'Haath chodiye mera dard ho raha hai..' She said.

'Dard tho mujhe bhi ho raha hai yaha..' He said pointing his heart. She sighed and then he looked at her. He just pulled her through her waist and kissed her lips. She tried to push him but he was strong enough for her.

She pushed him with force at once and he took a step back breaking the kiss. She slapped him hard on his face and it started to pour down. He looked at her holding his cheek where she slapped.

'Abhi tak mai aapki respect kar rahi thi isliye aapki baat sun rahi thi.. Mujhe laga aapko kam se kam apni galti ka ehsaas hua lekin mai galat thi.. Aap vahi karte hai jo aapka dil chahta hai.. Aapko dusre ke feelings se koi matlab nahi hai..' She said and left from there.

At that moment Kavin realised that he hadn't  kissed her for now. He cursed himself for his behaviour.

'Mai Purvi ko convince karna chahta tha lekin vo tho aur naraaz hoke chali gayi..' Kavin thought and he punched on the wall. His hand bleeded and he banded his hand later. He sighed when he didn't get any idea of convincing her.

'Maine use kiss kyun kiya..?' Kavin kept his head on a pillow and regretted that he made Purvi angry.

The next day everyone came to bureau except for Purvi. The whole day passed by but Purvi was no where to be seen. Kavin called her many times but her phone was switched off.

'Kahi Purvi ko kuch hua tho nahi na..?' Kavin thought. He asked his informers to search for her.

10 days passed by and Kavin was still searching for her. He was completely tired and he came back home.

'Purvi pls bas ek baar mil jao.. Tum mujhse jitna chahe lad lo lekin pls ek baar vaapis aa jao yaar..' Kavin said and went inside and closed the door and laid on the sofa being tired.

At midnight, someone rang the door and Kavin opened it. He rubbed his eyes and looked at the person standing before him.

'Pu-- Purvi..?' He said still not being able to believe. She came inside while he followed her.

'Mera kamra kaha hai..?' She asked.

'Ha..?' Kavin was in such shock that he didn't know what to speak.

'Mera kamra kaha hai..?' She repeated her question.

'Vo kamra di ka hai.. Baaki tumhe jo lena hai...' Kavin said.

'Aapka kamra kaha hai..?' She asked.

'Mera kamra..?' Kavin questioned while she nodded and he pointed towards a room upstairs. She looked at that room.

She didn't say anything and went towards the room which he pointed just now. Kavin stood there looking at her.

'Purvi mere kamre mei gayi..?' Kavin looked at his room and rubbed his eyes. He slapped himself on his cheek and realised that it wasn't a dream.

'Purvi mere kamre mei gayi..' Kavin quickly went towards his room and saw her sleeping on the bed.

'Mere bed pe so rahi hai..? Yeh sach mei Purvi hi hai na..?' Kavin thought and went near her.

'Tum so jao.. Mai dusre kamre mei so jaata hu..' He turned and halted but didn't turn back.

'Aur us raat.. Ki--kiss... Uske liye sorry..' He said and wished her goodnight and walked towards the door slowly hoping that she will call him and he can sleep beside her.

'Purvi pls rok lo na mujhe..' Kavin thought holding the pillow tightly.

'Light off kar dijiye..' She said and slept while he switched off the light, closed the door and came out and sighed.