CHAPTER 14

Kavin and Purvi came to their house one after the other. Purvi went to her room and she sat on the bed. Kavin who went to his room saw Kajal leaving from there through the window.

'I just hope ki aaj raat jo hone wala hai uske baad CID team bikhar na jaaye.. I'm sorry Purvi lekin mujhe tumhara dil todna padega.. Is kadar ki aaj ke baad tum kabhi pyaar pe yakeen nahi kar paaogi..' Kavin thought and sighed.

He prepared dinner for Purvi and asked her to eat. She looked at him when he said that he just wanted to prepare dinner for her and she doesn't need to love him or accept him. So she ate just for his satisfaction. She fell unconscious after sometime.

'Sorry Purvi.. Achchha hua ki tum mere meeti baaton mei fasi nahi varna bahut pachta thi mujhse pyaar karke..' Kavin said and gave her an injection.

She was in deep sleep and he picked her in his arms and took her somewhere.

The next day, the cops got a call and they went to the city hospital and saw Kavin and Purvi wounded.

'Sir..' A police sub-inspector saluted and informed that his team were informed about an accident case that occured the previous night.

'Kal raat..? Lekin kal raat tho Kavin aur Purvi dono ghar pahunch gaye the safely..' Kajal thought.

Before anyone can enter the ward where Kavi were, they saw SHREYA rushing towards the ICU.

'SHREYA..?' Abhijeet called her and then she came near them.

'Tum yaha..? Sab thik hai na..?' Abhijeet asked.

'Vo SIDDHARTH..' Shreya said and the nurse showed the same room where Kavi and Siddharth were along with another girl lying on the bed.

'Aanya..?' Shreya was worried.

'Tum jaanti ho ise..?' Daya asked.

'Ha, yeh Aanya hai, Siddharth ka cousin.. Par yeh yaha is tarah hospital mei kya kar rahi hai..?' Shreya said.

AANYA

AANYA

'Purvi..? Ise kya hua..?' Shreya asked when her gaze fell on Purvi.

'Pata nahi..' Daya said. Abhijeet narrated how they got information about Kavi's accident.

Just then, the same police officer came inside and said that the 2 vehicles hit each other and the 4 people were brought to hospital after the accident.

'Mai kal tumhe ek surprise dunga Shreya..' Shreya remembered Siddharth's words.

'Kahi Siddharth Aanya ko lekar aane wala tha.. Yahi surprise tho nahi..?' Shreya thought and then she informed that the accident was just a coincidence and no one intended to kill anyone. The case got continued as the police found something.

The doctor checked everyone and said that only Aanya was safe and the three (Kavi and Siddharth) were in a critical position. After a day, Siddharth's condition got worse and he died. Aanya on the other hand lost her memory permanently.

Purvi and Kavin were still in coma. A month passed by and PURVI gained her consciousness. But the day investigation was done, the police found that she was unconscious before the accident due to a chemical found in her blood.

'Ms. Purvi kya aap hume bata sakte hai ki accident se pehle aapne kiske haath ka khaana khaaya..? Aapke ghar mei hume khaana mila aur usme ek chemical tha jo aapke khoon mei mila hume.. Vo chemical aam taur se kisi ko behosh karne ke liye istemaal karte hai..' The police asked her.

'Vo khaana MAINE banaya hai.. Khaana banane ke baad mai apne husband ko bulane gayi thi.. Unhone kaha ki vo thodi der mei aayenge aur mai kha lu.. Vo neeche aaye aur thode ghabraye hue the.. Tho maine unse pucha ki kya baat hai tho unhone bataya ki unki behen ki tabiyat kharab hai tho hum gaadi mei baite aur uske baad..  Shayad accident..' She said and took heavy breaths..

'Dr ko bulao..' The police said and Dr checked her and asked the police to leave as she was stressed remembering the accident.

The police left and then Kajal said that she never told Kavin that she was ill. They talked but it was just a normal conversation. Purvi drifted into sleep due to anaesthesia.

'Pari ne jhoot kyun kaha..? Ya phir Kavin ne Pari se jhoot kaha aur usne yakeen kar liya..?' Daya thought.

After a proper investigation, the police came again and asked her why she lied.

'Dekhiye Ms. Purvi, agar aap sach nahi batayengi tho hume aapke husband ko custody mei lena hoga.. Saara shak unpe hi jaa raha hai..' The police said.

'Kisine unhe call kar ke bataya ki unki behen ko kidnap kiya..' Purvi said.

'Kisne call kiya..?' The police asked.

'Private no. se call aaya aisa unhone bataya mujhe..' Purvi said and the police checked and  they even heard the conversation and it was true.

After sometime, the Dr checked Kavin and said Kavin was injured badly.

'Yaha Kavin Khanna ke rishtedar kaun hai..?' The doctor asked.

'Ji mai..' Kajal said.

'Kavin ki ji haalat abhi kuch keh nahi sakte.. Unki jaan ko khatra tho nahi hai lekin vo dawaiyon ko respond nahi kar rahe hai.. Isliye unke coma mei jaane ki chances zyada hai.. Par 2% chance hai ki unhe hosh bhi aa jaaye..' Dr said and left.

'Coma..?' Kajal was shocked but Daya consoled her saying that Kavin still has 2% chances of waking up. So Kajal prayed to God and was trying her best to not cry.

Purvi was still in hospital as her condition was not so good and she still needs rest. The cops were so busy in work. Shreya was transferred to Mumbai and now she is working as a sub-inspector as she used to do.

Kajal who was working on her desk was worried for her brother on one hand while on the other she was insecure thinking Daya might leave her as he still had feelings for Shreya.

Purvi who was in hospital already learnt that Shreya joined CID again and Siddharth died. The doctor was on rounds and he checked Kavin.

The doctor checked Kavin's report and said something to the nurse due to which Purvi was in shock.