Part 18 : The Truth!

I grab his arm giving him support and walking towards the car.

I made him sit in the passenger's seat and I drive.

"Thank you!" as he finished off the lemon water that we bought from the super market on the way.

"No issues. But why were you there?" I ask glancing at him.

"I was trying to chill out with my other mates." He shrugs and I shake my head.

"Are you still high?" I ask looking on the road.

"Maybe yes. Coz I still cannot see the road clearly." He tells me. I hummed and we stayed silent for some time.

"Why did you say you fear commitments?" he asks.

"Huh!" I get a bit shocked at his question out of the blue.

"When I proposed you almost a year back. Why did you say you fear commitments?" he repeats clearing the doubts.

"Umm... I think the other one will get bored of me and then eventually leaving me." I answer.

"But I won't, you know right!" his tone was becoming more and more serious with each statement.

"I don't know. I just don't trust my personality." I shrugged.

"But you do trust MY personality right?" he asks. And I hummed.

"So why are not accepting my proposal?" he whines getting irritated. He was waiting since the day he proposed and was trying every way to get us in relationship, showing unlimited hints, giving me points to validate and start that relationship and what not. 

But but but... I need to say this... 'He never crossed his limits' which was really a green flag but the red flag I had is way too much bigger than his green ones. 

So, NO I guess!

"See... let me be very very clear about this. I can never get in this kind of relationship with you. We'll be great friends undoubtedly. But this... sorry! I can't." I tell him without glancing at him even once.

"But whyyyy?" he whines again. 

"Coz I can't be the girlfriend of a boy whose brother loved me and was gonna propose me. Even if the places were swapped between you and Addu. Still." I state firmly and with a bit loud voice.

"What?" he asks not able to believe what I just said.

"Yes. Imagine if we end up marrying each other, just think of Adi's soul. Won't it be pierced to see HIS love marring his own freaking brother? This would be equivalent to cheating his feelings. And if we didn't then what's the point of having such relationship. So no!" I say controlling over flooded emotions inside of me.

"But you WILL marry someone in the future! Won't you?" he cross-questions my point.

"As of now. I am not even thinking about marriage or any relationship." I tell him honestly.

"What? Means single for ever!!?" he asks shockingly.

"Yes!" I say agreeing.

"What the fuck!!!" he says palming his face as I look at him with corner of my eyes.

"Get off. We are here." I say as I parked the car.

"Your home?" he asks looking out of window.

"Yes. Coz I am not letting you go to your house in this state." I say indicating at his drunken state.

"Okay." He agrees and we both went to my apartment.

Ishaan helped him freshen up and I got the aspirin and water for him.

We made him sleep in Ishaan's room and we both slept after I explained the whole incident to him.

Sometimes, I can't tell how grateful I am to have Ishaan in my life. He just makes everything so easy with him. I wish he gets the love, care and everything he deserves. Even more!

.

.

TBC!!

I know the story isn't the ending in the typical happy ending way... but tbh, that's how I wasnted this to be!

Do Comment!

Pardon me for my mistakes<3

And you know the drill!!

Read! Imagine! Suggest! Vote! Comment!

Love you all!

XOXO