Chapter 4

Jessica pov:

I was playing rock paper scissors with Sadie, still in the dining room when Ms. Green came in. She gestured for me to follow her, I followed her and she told me to grab my stuff. Was I really getting adopted? And by Ryan Blaney??
I quickly threw some of my stuff into a backpack, I had very little clothes so I managed to get everything in two backpacks. I glanced down at my hands and realized they were shaking. I couldn't believe this was happening, what if he was like my father? What if he abused me? I shook those thoughts away, Ryan had seemed to nice of a guy for that. Maybe I'll get to meet Kevin Harvick and Chase Elliott?

I walked down the stairs and waited by the front door as Ms. Green had instructed me. I could see Ryan in her office with his back to me as he signed a bunch of papers. After a couple minutes he finally finished and was handed a couple papers and a folder. He then turned and walked over to me, he smiled at me but I could see in his eyes he was nervous as well.

"Is that all you have?" He asked, shock showing on his face as he glanced at my two backpacks, i shyly nodded, "we are going to have to go shopping." He said while grabbing one of my bags and slinging it over my shoulder. He led the way out of the building, I glanced back at the girls watching me leave. I waved at Sadie, we had already said our goodbyes. I turned my back to them and walked out, shutting the door behind me, and hopefully on that chapter of my life as well.

Ryan pov:

The car ride was silent, Jessica stared out the window in silence. I softly tapped my hand on the steering wheel to the quiet country music I had playing. I glanced over at Jessica, it was so hard to believe that that was my daughter next to me. Jessica was quick pretty, curly brown hair, soft chocolate brown eyes, slightly tan skin, small dimples and she was quite small for her age. I could easily pick her up, and I myself am not very big. It did concern me a bit how small and skinny she was, but living in an orphanage couldn't be easy, or good for your health, plus I didn't get good vibes from Ms. Green.

I pulled into my driveway and parked the truck, I turned to Jessica and found her staring out the window in awe.
"This is your house?" She asked turning to look at me, I nodded,
"Yup, I hope you like dogs." I said, as I hopped out of the truck. I walked towards the front door with Jessica trailing behind me, I opened it and was greeted by a very energetic fur ball. Sturgill quickly ran over to Jessica, sniffing and rubbing against her. I smiled, sturgill obviously liked her and she seemed to like him too, giggling as he licked her hand. I led her in and showed her the living room, kitchen, bathroom, and my office all on the main floor. Then the rec room in the basement, where I had my simulator and video game set up as well as ping pong and pool tables. Lastly I took her up stairs and showed her the bedrooms and laundry room on the second floor, I opened the her room and her mouth dropped.

"This is MY room?" She asked in shock, I nodded smiling at her,
"Yup, all yours." She walked slowly in and then looked back at me, I laughed at the look on her face, pure shock. I walked over to the closet and opened the door, I smirked as her eyes widened.
"I have a CLOSET!" She said excitedly, I laughed, I couldn't wait for her reaction to the bathroom. I gestured to the bathroom door, she gave me a questioning look before opening it. "YOUR TELLING ME I HAVE MY OWN BATHROOM?!?!?" She yelled, I laughed again,
"Yes, it's your very own bathroom." I said, she turned and ran over to me and gave me a big hug,
"Thank you, thank you, thank you." She said, my smile grew as I hugged her back,
"We can go shopping later this week, get some clothes, and you can pick out what paint you want for your room." I told her, she beamed up at me.

Jessica pov:

Ryan had left me to get settled in a bit while he made dinner. I put my clothes away and stuck my stuff on top of the desk in the corner of my room, I then sprawled out on the bed. It felt like I was a in a dream, like any second I could wake up and it would all be over. I stood up and wandered over to the window, I looked out. Ryan had quite a big property, an big back yard, and he had a pool. I was pretty excited about that, I loved swimming. A constant theme in Ryan's house was nascar, the trophy case in the living room, or the nascar posters and pictures in almost every room you walked into, or blankets and pillows with some driver or number on them. It was an amazing nascar heaven, a specially since it was the home of the one and only Ryan Blaney.

Finally i gathered the courage to wander back downstairs, I walked down the stairs into the living room and then into the kitchen. I hopped up onto one of the stool at the kitchen island, I watched Ryan as he cooked some bacon and eggs.
"Just warning you, I ain't a very good cook." He said laughing, I shrugged,
"Well it smells pretty good so you can't be too bad." I said smiling, Ryan raised an eyebrow,
"Oh you won't believe some of the things I've done while in the kitchen, my mom had actually banished me from her kitchen after I failed to use a food processor correct, let's just say it took a long time to clean the kitchen." He explained, I laughed.

He set a plate in front of me before taking a seat next to me with his own plate of food. We started eating,
"So how do you feel about coming to the track?" Ryan asked, I smiled at him,
"I would love to." I said, he smiled before continuing eating.