Chapter 3

Lisa's POV

I sharpened my sword while sitting by a tree. I looked around and took in the forest surrounding me.

It's so peaceful with birds chirping above me and the wind stirring up the leaves.

I gently put my sword on the ground beside me and closed my eyes and felt the sun touching my skin.

"So this is where you hide out" I heard Jisoo's voice above me.

I sighed "I'm avoiding people," I said before I opened one of my eyes to look at her "That's including you" I continued before closing my eye again.

Jisoo chuckled "Don't worry about hurting my feelings. I know you love me" she said as she sat beside me.

I sighed "What do you want?" I said.

I turned to Jisoo and saw her shrug "We know you're an asshole but what you did to Rosie is just plain shitty" she said.

I sighed and looked up at the sky without replying.

"I know how you are. I like to think that I know you well, especially with what we both went through together. I know you push people away by being rude or an ass and I got used to it because I knew you always cared. You always put other people before yourself and that's how I know you're a good person underneath all that dark shit you're carrying around" She said.

I rolled my eyes at her "What do you want me to say! Rosie doesn't even know me. We kissed under a very stressful situation and..." | groaned "It was stupid. We thought we were going to die" I said even though most of what I said was bullshit.

No I kissed her because wanted to. I kissed her because she looked so beautiful when she couldn't believe we took down those guards.

I wanted to kiss her the moment started training her. She was so clumsy it was adorable. I stopped myself all those times, but in that tunnel, my self-

control just went out the window and I just had to taste her lips.

Jisoo shook her head "You could have any girl, and I'm being honest because it hurts my pride that you're more attractive than me" she punched my shoulder "But you're such a fucking asshole sometimes Lis. Rosie is like an angel, a very clumsy angel but an angel nonetheless and you just treated her like shit. It's fine if you don't want to date her but you avoided her like she was the plague."

I sighed and stood up "I don't want to talk about it, and frankly it's none of your business"

I knew I was running away again and I hate myself for it, but l just can't explain myself without exposing my secrets and then I'll end up leaving or dead. I just hate that I hurt Rosie in the middle of it all.

Jisoo stood up and pushed my back on the tree and my eyes slightly widened from the shock "Then you stay the fuck away from her, you're good at that anyway. She's trying to move on, if I hear that you're trying shit with her again and ruin her progress. I'll hit you so hard you'll forget your name" She threatened.

I narrowed my eyes at her but instead of being a bigger asshole and challenging her I sighed and leaned my head back on the tree with defeat "I know. I made a mistake and I hate myself for it. I'll leave her alone" I said and looked down on the grass by our feet.

Jisoo nodded "That's all l ask. She's like a little sister to us. You're lucky I'm the one who went after you and not Tzuyu."

I clenched my jaw. I know how protective they all are of Rosie because of her innocence and gentleness and how people could easily manipulate her. What the fuck is wrong with me.

I nodded and she patted my shoulder and left.

I slid back down the tree and spread my legs when suddenly my body felt heavy. I closed my eyes and bit my lip as mixed emotions flood me as my memories made themselves known.

I opened my eyes and watched the clouds pass by.

"What do you want from me!" I asked the skies knowing no one ever answered.

I hate how I can't even tell anyone why I do the things that do. I can't explain why I'm pushing them away, or how terrified I am for the future.

I hit my head back on the tree then after a few moments stood up and took a deep breath.

"Stop it I whispered to myself.

I hate when I feel like this. Like a confused child who feels like the world is against her.

"You're not the only one going through shit. Stop feeling sorry for yourself.  Your parents didn't raise you to be this weak* I finally said and walked back to my house.