Letters

IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE: I can't believe you guys got me to 1,000 reads. Thank you so much. I never thought I'd get more than twenty, honestly. Don't forget to follow me on twitter for immediate updates! Also, follow, vote, comment, whatever. Just help me out! Thanks! If you have a suggestion for the story, tweet it to me. I may consider it, even though I already have the outline finished. ALSO, if you think I should write a book of one shots/imagines, let me know! @michaelalove05

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6:

KIRSTIE POV

My day with Jacob was perfect. We caught up, he told me everything about New York and Broadway, and I told him everything about being in Pentatonix. It was refreshing. I missed my best friend. We were now sitting in the living room talking with my parents.

"So, Jacob, what are you going to do now that you've moved back to Arlington?" my mom inquired.

"Uh, you know, I really haven't thought about it. I guess I should find a job!" Jacob said and I could see the look of disappointment on his face. Reality had just sunk in that he wasn't performing anymore.

"Or..." I urgently interrupted, "He could come on tour with us!" What did I just say?

"Kirstin, are you sure?" my mom asked me. Jacob looked confused, but happy. I saw his eyes light up at the mention of it.

"Uh, yeah! He can spend some time with Mitch and Scott... And he'll meet Avi and Kevin! It'll be a nice atmosphere considering he's just coming down from performing every night... He can help with sound or something!" Yeah, that sounded good. "What do you say, Jake?" I asked.

"That sounds amazing! But are you sure the others will be all right with it?" he asked.

"I'll shoot Mitch a text. I'm sure he'll be thrilled," I replied.

Kirstie: Would you mind if Jake came on tour with us to help out with sound and managing and stuff? I'm sure Ben wouldn't mind.

Mitch: OH MY GOD YES PLEASE!

His response was typical Mitch. I showed Jacob the text and he lit up.

"It's settled then!" I squealed and gave him a huge hug. His arms wrapped around me and he picked me up oh so slightly. He was happy. I was happy.

JACOB POV

Tour? With Pentatonix? This was amazing. I would get to spend so much time with everyone. This is exactly what I needed. Maybe Kirstie would realise that she's the one for me. Haha, who am I kidding. That probably won't ever happen. But hey, I'm getting to spend time with her. And those moments are more precious to me than any number I've performed on a Broadway stage.

"It's settled then!" she squealed and ran towards me to hug me. I wrapped my arms around her petite body and slightly picked her up. She felt so right in my arms. No, Jacob, what are you thinking? Stop. Stop. She has a boyfriend. I ran my fingers through her hair and we laughed. She was truly happy I was coming on tour with her. I let her go and she told me to go pack because the first show is on the sixth.

I exited Kirstie's house and skipped down the sidewalk. Today would be hard to top.

MATT POV

Three weeks. It had been three weeks since I had seen Kirstie and I missed her terribly. Living states away really had its disadvantages. More than the perks, that's for sure. People told me that I could do long distance. It would be easier than people made it out to be. Ha, yeah right. This sucked. I couldn't do anything romantic for her from hours away! Texting her was nice, but I needed to know that she wasn't bored. I needed to do something romantic. I got out my journal. I hadn't entered once that day.

What do I do? I feel like Kirstie and I are going nowhere. I just wish she could hear the innermost parts of my heart... Like, I wish she could read this journal. But we're not ready for that. The past is too much. I just know that I can't let her go. She's too precious to me and I don't know how to be romantic from so far away. Because texting isn't romantic.

Then, it hit me.

What if she does read this journal? But not my actual journal. What if I write her every day she's on tour. Writing seems to be my forte... And letters are always romantic. At least they are in the romantic comedies Kirstie always makes me watch... Yeah. I'll write her.

And with that I set down my journal and began my first letter.

Dear Kirstie,

You're about to embark on an amazing experience of touring. And I'm going to write you every day. I know you visit home every few weeks so you'll see these. Basically, this is my idea of being romantic from so far away. You know my strength is in my writing, so here goes nothing. I love you Kirstie. You are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You'll never be alone, I promise. I can't let you go. You have changed me for the better and you've wiped so many awful memories away. When I first met you, I saw the sparkle in your eyes when you were rehearsing. Your passion for music really intrigued me. I'm so glad I built up the courage to talk to you.

Yours always,

Matt

I sealed the letter in an envelope. God, I hoped this was going to work. For the next two months, I will pour out my heart and soul to the girl I love. The girl for me. The one and only Kirstin Taylor Maldonado. God, her name was so beautiful. Just like she was.

~•~

Sorry for such a short chapter! Don't forget to tweet me if you think I should write a book of one shots! Chapter 8 will be THE chapter. And before I post Chapter 7, I want to get up to 1,250 reads! Please share and tweet. Thanks guys. Big love.

-Michaela xx