Chapter 3

I sat at my desk (which had now become a vanity) and looked at all of the shades of lipstick and lip gloss that Stacey and Lauren brought together. I felt like this was a sad version of Beauty and the beast... The tea Kettle and the french candleStick were trying to make the beast look as good as they could.

      "Guys, I probably look like a complete idiot!" I huffed. Stacey hit me upside my head and grabbed a dark red shade of lipstick. "I just straightened her hair, don't touch it." Lauren scolded at Stacey, who was putting the lipstick onto my lips. Lauren was swiping the straightener through my hair, almost burning my scalp. I was a complainer, I had to admit...but I wasn't the type of girl to get dolled up. I flinched as Stacey put black eyeliner above and below my eye. "Stop moving or I'm going to poke you in the eye." She had all of her focus on the eyeliner, trying to make the line as straight as possible. While Stacey was still putting foundation and other products onto my face, Lauren looked through my closet to find the perfect "Night club" outfit. "You have no party clothes..." she shouted to me from the closet. She appeared minutes later and sighed. She grabbed her car keys off of my bedside table, "I'll be back in 5 minutes." She said as she hussled out of the door.

***

     Thirty minutes later, I was dressed in a strapless, light pink "mullet" dress that stopped at my calves with the back that went down to the floor in a silk layers. Stacey insisted I wore a push up bra, so i felt a little squeezed. I had white heels that weren't that tall (I wouldn't allow it!) and my toes were painted the same light pink color of my dress. My hair was straight and clipped in the front. It seemed ten times longer and brighter after Lauren hair-sprayed it.

     Lauren and Stacey stood back and looked at their creation. Their jaws dropped as they made me spin in a slow circle for them. "Honey you look drop dead gorgeous!" Lauren smiled. "If you and Hale don't work out, I know about 10 guys who would date you." Stacey winked. I rolled my eyes... It's not like I cared if it worked out with me and Hale. The real question was what was working out? We had nothing really... we were going to a night club together and doing...whatever. My stomach began getting knots in it and I felt anxious all of a sudden. It wasn't like I was in love with Hale, so why was I so nervous?! I had to admit, his smile was enchanting and his eyes pierced through me.

     I was walking downstairs, when my mom saw me out of the corner of her eye. "Where are you going? Why do you look so dressed up?" I stopped and wished she hadn't seen me. I took the bracelets that were on my hand and played with them as I spoke. "Oh nowhere, just going out with a friend..." I quietly spoke, "It's just a quiet get together, no big deal or anything." I lied. She narrowed her eyes at me with her glasses on the edge of her nose. "Why are you so dressed up then.......oh sweety, are you going out with a boy!" She popped up from the couch and came over to me with a grin from ear to ear on her face. She acted like a five year old and did a happy dance. I mean, I know I've never gone on a "date" before, but I took offense that my mom didn't care who it was, just that I had a date. I huffed and looked at her with the most serious face I could muster (I was really freaking out inside though!!!).

     She stopped dancing abruptly, but kept smiling. "Sorry honey I'm just so happy...it's your first date!" She said with excitement. I looked at her annoyed. "It's not my first date...." I lied. My mom nodded and looked me up and down. "Well, you look gorgeous sweetheart." I smiled and gave her a hug, holding onto her. After our long hug, I walked into the hall that seperated our kitchen from our foyer. We had a mirror next to a door in the hall. I looked into the mirror and stared at my gown. I did look pretty in it,  and the colors brought out the light green tent in my blue eyes. I practiced smiling and played with my hair for a few minutes, deciding how my hair should be placed. I went back upstairs into my room to find Stacey and Lauren still packing up their heap of make-up off of my desk. I grabbed my phone, car keys (just in case), and my small white purse that matched my shoes.