Chapter 4

My alarm clock went off, sending chills up my spine. I brushed my fingers through my silky hair and sighed. I fluttered my eyes open to find my whole body wrapped around a pillow. My mind flooded with memories about the night before. The Kiss. Butterflies flew up my stomach and a smile appeared on my face. I closed my eyes and thought of the forest, I could smell the salty air, and I epsecially thought of Hale. I touched my lips and could almost feel his. I could feel the sensation of the kiss all over again; it was truly enchanting. I came back to earth when I heard my alarm clock go off for the second time. I pressed the sparkly snooze button and got up, ready to start my daily routine.

     I walked over to my desk that still had the mirror on it. I took out mascara and put some on slowly, making sure it didn't clump around a group of lashes. I blinked and looked at my eyes in the mirror. It really did make them look longer and brighter. I took out skin tone eye shadow and put it on to hide how puffy my eyes were today. I put some foundation on and light pink lip-gloss. I rubbed my lips together and looked in the mirror. I looked pretty good for only taking ten minutes. I never really wore make-up to school, so I knew Stacey and Lauren would freak! They would turn it back to Hale being the reason because he'll be at school today, but it's not; okay it is. I looked down and realized I was still in my pajamas. "Oops.." I walked over to my closet and slid the doors open.

     I picked out a pair of dark blue jeans with two gaping holes in the knees; white threads hanging around the holes. I took out a tank top, bra, underwear, and a blue blouse. I got dressed quickly and skidded across the floor for slippers. I tip-toed down my creaky stairs and walked through the hall... stopping in front of the mirror. I walked into the kitchen to find my brother already eating with his pajamas still on. My mom was probably still in bed or went out early for a run. I walked over to the fridge and looked around for something appealing. "So..." My brother was standing by the Island in the middle of our kitchen. He looked at me with suspicious eyes and walked closer to me. I narrowed my eyebrows and looked at him as he walked to the same part of the kitchen that I was in. "What?" I asked abruptly. He smirked and looked at me like I knew what he knew. "I heard someone......you.......has a boyfriend." I slammed the fridge door and turned to him. He was smiling and I knew he liked pissing me off about these kind of things. "He is not my boyfriend," I said taking a deep breath in. I took a banana off of the table and walked through the hall to the foyer, were I exchanged my shoes for sandles with beads on them. My brother walked out of the hall and leaned against the wall. " Nora and Whoever's his face sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g...first-" I cupped my hand over his mouth. "okay, if you don't shut up...I will kill you." I picked up my backpack and my car keys and walked out of the door. My brother made me really mad sometimes, but I forgave him easily.....I was all he had really since dad died and mom became really busy and distant.

     I already forgave him by the time I walked to my car and put my keys in the ignition. I checked my mirrors out and messed with them for a while. I turned the radio on and turned it to my favorite station. It was playing "When I was your man" By: Bruno Mars. I loved that song because it just made me feel like I meant something. "When our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me doowwnnnnnn.....cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name!" I sang along with Bruno's magnificent voice that echoed through my car. I pulled up to a stop light and beated my hands on my steering wheel as I sang along. "It all just sounds like ohhhhhhhh......mmm too young, too dumb to realize..." The light switched to green and I stepped on the gas pedal.

     I pulled up into the school parking lot, driving slowly while groups of Seniors and Freshman walked across the lot. I saw a free spot and swurved into the rectangular area. I took my keys out of ignition and checked my mirrors once again. Slowly walking up to my car was Hale. He was walking with his hands in his pockets and kept brushing his hair back with right hand. I rubbed my lips together, making the lip-gloss more bright and spread out. I stepped out of the car. I turned around and was surprised by a kiss. He wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me closer. I went to push him away from instinct and the fact that we were at school....in front of everyone; but as I tried, his grip didn't loosen. I pulled away as he tried to go in for another kiss. He looked at me and smirked. "Hello" He said in a charming voice. He proceeded to get another kiss, but I stopped him with both of my palms on his chest. "Hi" I said looking him in the eyes. He pulled back and looked me in the eyes. He took his finger and slowly swiped a piece of my hair behind my ear. I breathed slowly, taking in every scene and smell about him. I leaned in for a kiss and he stopped me. "Tisk tisk" he said as he gave me a disaproving look. I shoved him and laughed quietly. He looked around and finally found what he was looking for. He took my hand and led me to the corner of the school, where a few emo people were standing. "And so I took my knife and-" the group of emos turned around and glared at us. They quickly walked away and went and stood by a tree, next to kids that were trying to kill a cockroach.