Chapter 3: Detention ain't looking so good now, Diana

JianHao, Nicole and Vincent got their lunch and sat down. Well, JianHao and Vincent did, and Nicole got her lunch from her butler, which was egg noodles and steamed rice with bubble tea.
Vincent got wagyu steak and chips (as he was the favourite) but JianHao got mashed potatoes.
"You guys are so lucky, getting that. The food sucks."
"Don't worry," Nicole said. "I have extra bubble tea for you." She pulled it out of her bag and handed it.
After they finished their lunch, they went to the noticeboard where nearly all the students were. The noticeboard said...

Students for Detention:
Time: 15:15 to 15:45

Class T1T5 are...
JianHao Tan
Vincent Sin
Trev Tham
Cheryl Chin
Jasmine Lee
Julynn Lau
Juhi Nars
Ben Tang
Hakim Suhaimi

Class N4T1 are...
Diana Baker
Chloe Grace
Sunny Chin
Timmy DeZhong
Nav
Vance
Amethyst

"Are you serious?" Nav exclaimed in horror. He was an N4T1 student known for being rowdy.
"Eh. Can't say I am surprised." Vincent always got a detention.
However, JianHao was planning to go on a date with Denise. He wasn't too keen on it.
"So, I guess another time, then?" Denise came over, looking at the noticeboard.
"I guess so. Sorry, Denise."
"It's fine." However, Denise's face suggested it wasn't fine...

Cheryl (fyi she is a student in Titan academy doesn't appear much but still...

She was walking past the halls on her way to detention. She had only recently come back after spending time abroad in a school, and she got detention? Unbelievable.
Yet as she passed by, the sound of voices was enough to catch her ear. She hid in the alleyway.
"...The students cannot know about this, Sir. However, it seems that we may as well have to make it, to..."
A footstep near her made noise.
"Do you hear that?" Mr Alan said. He looked up, and walked towards the door
Cheryl quickly ran. Did she hear what she heard?

The detention room was quiet, and had a tension in it.
As Cheryl took a seat, Mr Dan was just staring into space. Everyone was either asleep, staring into space or silently crying.
Gosh, this is so boring! She thought. Couldn't anything happen?
And something did happen. But not major.

"Mr Dan. See me in my office now please."
The tannoy announcement went off, and everyone all looked up to see him walk off.
And it was a free class.
Whilst they were talking, Cheryl whispered to JianHao. "JianHao!"
"What?" He answered back.
"I overheard the organization on my way here. I heard them say they were gonna call some students in their office. I swear."
JianHao was shocked of this. Chloe, Diana and Sunny looked up.
"Who?" Chloe asked.
But as Cheryl was about to say, the tannoy announcement went off again.
"Can JianHao, Vincent, Diana, Chloe, Kevin and Sunny come here to Mrs Regna's Office? Now?"
They looked at each other, worried. Everyone stopped what they were doing. Even Nicole and Julynn looked up. Hopefully nothing bad would happen.. Right?

As they waited outside, awaiting their fate, Mrs Regna called each one on their own, to talk about their behavior, performance and the heist. And they were fine. They each went out- Kevin, Sunny, Chloe, Vincent, and JianHao.

But it was Diana, who Mrs Regna wanted to see.

"Yes? Mrs Regna?"
"Take a seat, Diana." Trembling, she say down and looked at the lifeless walls around her.
"You, as a student, you have very... Useful qualities. You have good academic results. You have a good work ethic. And your perseverance is good. What we are trying to say is... Why would you throw it away for the... The heist?"
Of course she knew. So she tried to keep a calm, cool posture.
"Ah ah... You don't need to answer. I know you have a brave heart, you tried to save your friends, which did work. You aren't in trouble, Diana, but I have an offer for you."
Uh oh. What offer?
" I want to make an offer. The heist you and your friends pulled off, I will let it slide... On one condition."

"You are required to represent the school in the best of your ability- whether it be by school work, competition or after school lessons. Do we have a deal?"

Diana looked uncomfortable. What could she choose? Sure, if she chose to study, it would mean she wasn't in trouble, along with her friends. But... More pressure for her.
And if she chose not to... She would be expelled, and blacklisted, dragging her friends down with her. Hopefully not that choice.

"Think of Cleverly. You choosing to study extra curriculuar would benefit you, and him! It's what he would have wanted... Right?"
Diana did not need a reminder of Cleverly right now. Sure he was gone a year ago, but still...
She had to choose quick...
It was now or never...
"Ok. I choose extra curriculuar."
Mrs Regna's face lit up like a light bulb. "Good, I will let your teachers know of this. All your classmates will be required to do it anyway, so you have no worry."
She let her go out of the office.
Diana was worried. Was this worth the tiredness for?