irritating occurrences

Sighing, I wrapped my arms around my upper body and lifted my head to squint at the sky.
It was a cool but quite clear night.
The sky was a deep, clean dark blue and a few lonely stars were also visible this night.
Aside from a few faint streetlights, however, it was today's full moon that lit up the dark streets and banished the gloom from them.

My dreamy staring towards the moon, did not lasted too long, because unfortunately, the husky voice of the man from just now sounded behind me and interrupted the short moment of peace I just had.

An unpleasant uneasiness spread in my stomach, as I had to turn around.

"You!"
The man, apparently still quite angry, hobbled towards me, his fist raised in front of his face.

"What do you want?"
I tensed up, he was probably mad, that he was kicked out of the bar because of me and I could understand it a little.
Still, I had a reason to be angry too!
And yes, I was angry...

"What was that just now, fucking bastard??"
He stopped and glared at me with an really upset expression on his face, but despite that, he waited for me to answer his question first, before making any further moves.

My eyes narrowed, as I studied the man in front of me.
That was so unnecessary.
I should have kept my mouth shut.
I should have pulled myself together.
And yet, I had let my emotions guide me, which made me act against all rationality.
"I don't feel the need, to talk to you any further."

The man's face darkened even more, now he was really upset.
Did that answer provoked him?

"You really seek for trouble, hm?"
He mumbled before taking furthermore steps towards me, exceeding my personal limit of the closeness I would want to have to him and tolerate from him.
"I'LL BEAT YOU UP LIKE SHIT!!"

In a quick reflexive movement, my body instantly went into a defensive position - as he was about to fulfill what he had promised with his outcry.
A new burst of energy rushed through my body, as I prepared myself, to be attacked at any second.
Now, there would be no way out of this unlucky situation...
How bothersome.

"NON!!"

"Huh??"
The man paused, to turn his head towards the direction, the call had come from and I also followed his gaze.

"Stop! Not like that Monsieurs!"

A man stepped slowly but firmly into the light of a faintly flickering street lamp.
He was about my age, had long hair, dark and tied back, striking bright blue eyes and a mischievous smile on his face.

"That's no behavior for two grown gentlemen."
He stopped in front of us, keeping a certain distance and looked at us both with a pitying look.

"And who are you?"
The wrath hadn't left my opponent's face, but he had backed away, adopting a more relaxed stance.
I did the same, levying up straight, waiting, to see what would happen.

"It would be a shame, for an alcoholic like you, to openly pick a fight with strangers, out in the middle of the street, in front of potential witnesses."
He put a hand on his hip, addressing the older man directly.
There was a warning in his tone of voice,
his serious expression showed that he meant what he just said.
"I guess this time, they will really call the police..."

"Tzz!"
The addressee spitted on the floor before starting to cough unhealthily and ugly as if he was about to vomit.
When he had calmed down, he gave me and the stranger a last hateful look, before he turned his back on us and left.

We just watched him go for a while.
From seeing him walking away, It was easy to tell, that this man was having trouble maintaining his balance, yet he had been willingly to still pick a fight, if that guy had not intervened.
What a grumpy, old, troublesome man.
That really had cost me a lot of nerves.
I turned my head, to face the strange, young man.
He just smiled smugly at me.
"Thanks..."