From every heart you break (14)

I woke up the next morning in bed alone. I never thought I would be 21 almost 22 crying over boys in bed all day. I genuinely liked both of them. Both Ryan and Spencer, and now neither of them want me. I went from wanting Ryan, to wanting Spencer, to wanting Ryan again. Maybe I wanted Ry the whole time. Or maybe I was in love with Spencer and couldn't understand because I love Ryan more. I wasn't sure. I just felt terrible. What made me not good enough for either of them? Jon knocked on my door and then came in. "Want breakfast honey?" He knew I was sad. "No I'm not hungry thanks Jon." I stayed where I was. "Come on just come down and eat Cora." He sat on my bed. "Jon what made them not want me?" I cried. "Cora, they want you." Jon said to me. "Well I know Ryan does, he loves you Cora. He cried to me about it in the studio. He loves you." Jon looked at me. "But I feel like he doesn't." I cried more. "He does Cora, I promise." Jon laid down next to me. "He writes songs about you." Jon laughed. "Really?" I looked at him. "Yeah it's crazy." He smiled. "Now come eat don't waste away in this room." He said to me.

I got up and walked downstairs, said good morning to Stella then asked if I could take her car. I just wanted to drive somewhere. "Yeah go ahead honey, my keys are right there." She smiled. I went over and grabbed her keys, then drove blaring music. I wanted to get away. I pulled into a small cafe in the city. I grabbed a coffee and sat down, I just sat there alone for a few hours doing nothing. Then decided to go shopping, I ran into a few small stores and only really bought jewelry. I figured a day to myself was due.

SPENCERS POV:
I pulled into Brendon's house, I guess I needed someone to talk to. "Hey Spence." Brendon said as I walked in. "Bren can I talk to you about something?" I asked him. "Yeah of course what's up?" He asked me. I sat on his couch. "Man I really liked Cora." I looked at him. "What do you mean?" He asked me. "We broke up, I mean Ryan likes her and I didn't want to interfere." I shrugged. "Man really..? I'm sorry." He looked at me. "Yeah, I know she loves him. She looks at him like he's the only person around. And I mean she loved me. You can tell you know? She looked at me like I mattered, and I felt loved, I just felt like Ryan was more for her." Tears filled my eyes. "She is so beautiful man, she's so nice, and she is gentle man. I knew how to love her." Tears fell from my eyes. "It was short lived though." Brendon said to me. "Yeah but I loved her for years, I mean I always thought she was perfect. Everything about her, from the way she looks to the way she carries herself." I shrugged. Tears were falling now. "I thought it would be her." I hadn't cried like this since high school. I'm a grown man and I'm crying over a girl. Fuck my life. "I get it Spencer." Brendon said to me. "I want her and Ryan to be happy, and I really hope he treats her how she deserves. I mean, she deserves everything." I smiled slightly. "I'm sure he will man, he really loves her." Brendon looked at me, clearly concerned. I really wanted everything to work out. I've been shaken over it all day.

CORA'S POV:
Jon asked me to bring coffee to him at the studio so I grabbed him coffee and ran there, when I got there ryan was there. "Hey Cora, can we go talk?" Ryan looked at me. His gentle eyes staring at what seemed like my soul. "Yeah" I smiled. "Cora I'm sorry." He looked at me. "Ryan..." I looked down. "I'm sorry really. I don't know what I was doing. I want to be with you. And I'm sorry." He looked at me. "Ryan I want you, but we need to take it slow, let's not start a relationship now I'm not ready at all." I looked at him. "I'm sorry Cora." He looked down at me. "Ryan it's okay." I gave him a reassuring smile. "Friends, for now?" He laughed. "Friends for now." I smiled. I hugged him and then we walked back into the room together. "You two seem to be getting along well." Jon laughed. "Yeah, we are friends." He elbowed me a little bit. "For now." I smiled. Jon just laughed.

TIME SKIP TO 3 MONTHS LATER:
I went back to Capetown and got my stuff, I'm moving to L.A. I got an apartment out there. I figured everything for me was in L.A, my friends, my boyfriend (Ryan's my boyfriend now, and Spencer is dating a new girl, her names Linda, she's lovely). I said bye to my parents at the airport and then got on the plane. Ryan was there when I got off. "Hey honey!" He kissed me. "Hi Ryan." I smiled. He took me to my apartment and we dropped off my stuff. "You know you could've stayed with me." He shrugged. "I want my own place Ry, I'm not moving to fast. If I want this to work, I'm going to make it work." I smiled. "I got a job at the bar downtown and I'm gonna figure everything out Ry." I smiled. "Why would you get a job? You know I can help you pay for things." He looked at me. "Ryan I wanna be a big girl." I laughed. "Fine." He smiled. I kissed Ryan and smiled. "Thank you though, I'll make sure to tell you if I need help." I smiled. "Baby, why would you get a place when you are probably staying at my house 90 percent of the time?" He looked at me. "Im taking things slow Ross." I smiled. "Well, that's okay. Maybe someday I can build you that book case that we used to talk about, and we can buy a pretty house." He winked at me. "Someday dear." I laughed and kissed his cheek. "Now I gotta unpack." I smiled. "And I gotta get to the studio." He kissed me again. "Ok I love you." I smiled. "I love you, call me if you need anything." He said.

I'm so glad I decided to give Ryan Ross another chance. I love him.