𝐗𝐗𝐈 ... The Truth Comes Out

═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════

═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════

𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆, Joni, Luke, their best friends, as well as Rebecca, Dean, and Sam sat in the church at Sunday service to listen to Bobby's sermon.

"Forgive me father, for I have sinned." Bobby said then held up a Bible. "This...this is where most of us go when we think about forgiveness, true? But what about forgiveness in other forms? Forgiveness of others? And then...there's my personal favorite, forgiveness of thyself."

Joni smiled as she listened to her father's sermon. He has always had a way of speaking that made her feel at ease, even when she was a little girl and new exactly what to say. According to her mother, he was like that in high school as well. Luke reached over and grabbed her hand, and she looked over at him and gave him a smile full of love and adoration, which he returned. 

"This is probably our toughest battle, but listen, if God can forgive, so can you." Bobby said.

"Bullshit!"

Joni, her mother, grandfather, great-uncle, boyfriend, and best friends turned to find Johnny walking into the church drunk. They turned to look at Bobby, while everybody else turned to see the blonde

"What about that time in Reno, the rest of us hooked up with the soccer moms at the Hyatt, while you and Rebecca partied hard, and back your hotel room, partied even harder?" Johnny slurred. "You two were so loud people called down to the front desk to complain."

Rebecca felt embarrassed; she and Bobby never told Joni about their partying days, let alone when people called down to the front desk to complain about them.

"Did God forgive any of us for that?" Johnny slurred

Bobby glanced at Rebecca, then at his daughter, then back at Johnny. "Yes, even that. Forgiveness is the core of Christianity."

"Mom, what is he talking about?" Joni whispered

"It's nothing sweetheart." Rebecca whispered

"I wouldn't know that, not much of a churchgoer." Johnny said, slightly stumbling

"I'm sorry, apologies everyone." Bobby said. "My friend here is going through some tough times."

"Nothing I can't handle." Johnny said, as he leaned on a church pew for balance. He then turned to look at a blonde woman, giving her a flirtatious wink.

Joni looked at her parents and just rolled her eyes. She couldn't believe they never told her about their partying days. All the times she wanted to go out to a party with Makayl, they would always tell her no, and it led to many arguments between her and her father, because she never understood why. Her boyfriend and best friends picked up on her demeanor.

"Honey, are you alright?" Luke whispered as he held her hand

"Yeah, don't worry about it." Joni said as she looked at her parents, then her father looked at Johnny.