𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈 ... Healing and Confrontations

═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════

═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════

𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓, Joni checked out of the hospital, the LAPD caught the drunk driver, Joni was off on medical leave for six weeks, and Luke never left her side.

Joni was given crutches for her leg, bruised ribs and chest. As for Luke, well, as much as she loves her boyfriend, and she loves him with all her heart and soul, she's ready to have the house to herself again.

Like for example, when they're getting around for bed, he'll say, "Joni, don't forget to prop your leg up." She would try to do it, but Luke, bless his heart and soul, would do it himself.

If she's undressing for the night: "Joni, you need help undressing?" Luke would ask

"I think I can get it sweetheart. But thank you for offering." Joni would sweetly reply, as it would turn into naughtier activities, and her bottom half just hurt entirely too much for that.

Joni sat on the couch watching an episode of George and Tammy, which was a new show about the life of George Jones and Tammy Wynette, and drinking a cup of coffee. Rebecca and Makayl had the day off and would be coming to spend the day with her.

"Okay, babe, I'm out." Luke said as he grabbed his brief case. "I told them I wouldn't be able to join uncle Paul in court today, so I'll just be working in the office."

"Sweetheart, please help your uncle Paul in court today. He'll need you. Besides, mom and Kayl will be here soon." Joni said

"You sure?" Luke asked

"Of course I'm sure." Joni smiled as she kissed her boyfriend's lips

After the couple said their goodbyes, Luke walked to the door, and when he opened it, he was met with the smiling faces of Rebecca and Makayl

Rebecca smiled as she embraced her daughter's boyfriend. "Hi Luke. How are you sweetheart?"

"Hi Rebecca. I'm doing alright." Luke smiled as he returned her embrace. "Hi Kayl." he smiled as he embraced the brunette

Makayl smiled as she returned her friend's embrace. "Hey Luke."

"Joni's in the living room." Luke said. "I'm working in the office today, but you can still call me if she doesn't feel well, and I'll come home."

Rebecca smiled as she took her daughter's boyfriend's hand in her own. "Sweetheart, I promise I'll call you. If it makes you feel better I'll stay with her until you get back."

Luke smiled graciously. "Thank you Rebecca. I just don't want anything happening to her. I love her so much."

"I promise you sweetheart, nothing will happen to her." Rebecca reassured.