four.

˗ˏˋ [this was a mistake]'ˎ˗

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

valarie slammed her door shut, in the excitement of having nancy wheeler as a friend.
she wore baggy jeans with rips and a vast t-shirt with a printed design of her favorite band ABBA.
before she forgot she picked up her jacket as it was "cold" outside.

as valarie walked outside, a gust of chilly air flowed through her hair, sending shivers down her spine. the wind was brisk and invigorating, causing her to take a deep breath and feel the coolness fill her lungs. she looked up at the cloudy sky and felt the wind tugging at her hair, playfully teasing her. despite the chill, she couldn't help but feel alive and energized by the crispness of the air. It was as if the wind was blowing away all of her worries, leaving her feeling refreshed and renewed. she closed her eyes and let the chilly air flow through her hair, enjoying the sensation of being fully present in the moment.

valarie felt a sense of sadness wash over her. she finally broke free from the four walls that had become her world, being outside was not just a luxury, it was a necessity, and she missed it more than anything.

after a train of thoughts, valarie finally reached the wheeler's house. she took a deep breath and raised her hand, hesitating for a moment before knocking on the door. the sound echoed through the empty hallway, and she waited anxiously for someone to answer. her heart was pounding in her chest as she wondered if anyone was even home. 

thoughts flowed into valarie's head, she thought that they ditched her or it was all just some big joke. but she couldn't let her thoughts get over her. she knocked again, this time with more force, and heard footsteps approaching from inside. the door creaked open, revealing a friendly face on the other side. relief flooded through her, and she offered a shy smile. as she stepped over the threshold, she felt a sense of warmth and comfort wash over her. she knew she had made the right decision by knocking on that door.

valarie smiled and said, "hey nancy, where's barb?" 

"hi, val! oh, she's just in the washroom, i'm guessing she'll be out any minute.", nancy replied whilst putting her watch on. valarie smiled at the nickname, she's always been a little jealous of nancy, i mean who isn't she has the perfect body, her smile lights up the whole room and did i mention she's really pretty. 

just as valarie was about to compliment nancy, barb is back from the washroom and they walked towards the car, valarire's heart beating faster with anticipation. as she reached for the handle, she felt a rush of excitement mixed with a tinge of nervousness.

she opened the door and sat down, barb pulled out of the driveway and onto the open road, valarie felt a sense of freedom wash over her. nancy turned up the music, and they sang along to their favorite songs. valarie knew that she had a long way to go to leave her past behind, but for that moment, she felt unstoppable.