Ch 4

Alex was eager to test out his new hunter qualification, so he set his sights on a nearby E-rank gate that had recently opened up. He knew that this would be a step up in difficulty from his previous mission, but he was determined to prove himself as a capable hunter.

As he arrived at the gate, he noticed a group of hunters already there. They were discussing their plan of attack, and Alex overheard that they were an E-rank party led by a D-rank hunter named Sarah.

Sarah noticed Alex standing nearby and approached him. "Hey, I haven't seen you around before. Are you here for the gate too?"

Alex nodded, and Sarah smiled. "Well, you're in luck. We could use another strong hunter on our team. Would you like to join us?"

Alex hesitated for a moment, unsure if he was ready to join a group of strangers on a mission. But he knew that he would have a better chance of success if he worked with a team, so he agreed to join them.

The party consisted of Sarah, a skilled archer named David, and a mage named Lily. They quickly filled Alex in on their plan of attack and set off into the gate.

As they entered the gate, Alex noticed that the monsters inside were much stronger than the ones he had faced before. But he stayed focused and fought alongside his new teammates, taking down one monster after another.

As they progressed deeper into the gate, they encountered a particularly tough monster - a giant ogre with thick, impenetrable skin. The party was struggling to make a dent in its defenses, but Alex had an idea.

He activated his endless growth ability, which granted him a temporary boost in strength and speed. He charged at the ogre and used his newly acquired skill in hand-to-hand combat to deliver a flurry of blows to its weak spots.

The ogre fell to the ground, defeated, and the party cheered in triumph. As a reward for his efforts, Alex was granted a new ability - the ability to create temporary duplicates of himself in battle. This would come in handy in future fights, as it would allow him to confuse and overwhelm his enemies.

The party continued deeper into the gate, encountering more and more dangerous monsters. But with Alex's help, they were able to defeat them all and finally reach the gate's boss room.

Inside the boss room, they faced a massive, dragon-like creature with razor-sharp claws and fiery breath. The battle was intense, with the party using every trick and tactic they had to avoid the dragon's attacks and chip away at its health.

As the battle wore on, Alex noticed a weak spot in the dragon's armor. He used his new ability to create duplicates of himself and distract the dragon, while the rest of the party focused their attacks on the weak spot.

Finally, with one final blow, the dragon fell to the ground. The party celebrated their victory, and Alex felt a sense of pride in his newfound abilities and his ability to work as a team.

As they exited the gate and returned to the guild, Sarah approached Alex with an offer to join their party permanently. Alex was hesitant at first, but he realized that he had found a group of friends and allies that he could trust.

He accepted the offer, and the party left the guild together, ready to take on whatever challenges awaited them in the future.