Chapter 2

Every situation can get better or worse but I hope you know when it's time to remove yourself from it.

Ebony Dickson

After we finished getting our nails done We decided to get some lunch in Chinatown at Nando's. The waiter guided us to our table in the center of the whole restaurant. We ordered our drinks and food then waited for them to bring it out. "You feelin' better?" I asked but she was looking at her phone.

She was so distracted by her phone that she didn't even realize our drinks had come to the table. "Meria." I said then she looked up. When she looked at me she looked annoyed and mad. "What's wrong with you?" I asked. She just shook her head and looked down at her phone.

Ever since she came to get me shes had an attitude. I leaned forward in my seat alittle then snatched her phone out of her hand. "Stoo fuckin' playin'." She snapped at me but I scoffed and started going through her phone.

She snatched her phone outta my hands then rolled her eyes at me. "Why are you so mad?" I asked while laughing.

"Cuz you startin' to get on my nerves." She said looking me in my face. I scoffed then looked down at my phone and saw a message from Elijah.

I can see you." He text me. What the fuck is he talking about. I looked around until I saw in in a booth with another girl. I knew that was his wife.

I didn't reply but then my phone lit up again. "Meria look over there." I said then she looked up and over to were I was signaling. "Why is he here?" She asked and I just shrugged.

Truth be told I'm feeling some type of way. I've seen her before but I never really paid attention to her face.

"You wanna leave?" She asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. I nodded then stood up. We put money on the table for the drinks then started walking towards the door.

When we were walking out I gave her a disgusted look then walked out. It took so much for me not to say something to her but I kept my cool and walked out.

"Why you so mad at that girl?" Ameria asked as we walked back to the truck. To be real I'm not mad at her. I'm just mad that she has what I want. The walk to the truck was quiet. When we got to the truck I got in silent and stayed that way for the whole ride.

She pulled up at my house and I got out quiet then walked to the door without saying a word. I walked into my house and cut the alarm off. My heart shattered when I saw Elijah with that girl.

I didn't know if I should snatch the bitch up or burst into tears. I know I shouldn't have much feeling towards him but that's just where my heart is.

I felt my phone go off in my hand. The caller i.d said his name. Hesitantly, I answered the phone. "Hello?" I said but I heard my him chuckle into the phone. "Why you ain't speak?" He asked while laughing.

When he laughed I heard an echo in the background which told me he was in the bathroom. "Wouldn't your wifey have said somethin'?" I asked sarcastically.

The hurt I felt was so real, that he doesn't even understand. "I don't know, I just wanted you to meet her." He said sternly.

I laughed to myself at how he thought it was a joke. "Well I'll see you." I said but before he could say anything, I hung up. He played around as if it was funny but in reality it wasn't.

We've been messing with eachother for almost a year now but the deal was neither of us could catch feelings. I've invested so much of my time and heart into this that it hurts when he brings up his wife.

I know I'm not suppose to catch feelings but I can't help it. I've tried to leave him but he always sweet talks me back into his arms. I love this man, but I don't know what to do.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was about 8:00 at night when I heard my doorbell ring. I got up and walked to the door to see Elijah standing there with his nostrils flaring up. "Are you good?" I asked, looking him up and down.

He ignored me and just walked in, pushing past me. "I'm boutta kill this nigga!" I heard him yell from the living room. I closed the door then walked in to see him pacing back and forth.

"Who are you talkin' about?" I asked while fixing my robe. He looked at me and huffed before finally sitting down. "This nigga been stealin' my fuckin' products. Now he wanna act like a bitch and hide." He growled as his leg shook rapidly.

I sat next to him and put my hand on the back of his neck and rubbed it softly. He looked at me with anger in his eyes but his face softened. "I know your boys gon catch him, so don't trip." I said but he shook his head. "I don't know." He said, unsure.

I kept rubbing his neck until he grabbed my hand and kissed it. "You always there for me. You easier to talk to then my wife." He said making my heart sink.

I started to feel anger raise in me. "Then leave her." I mumbled. He looked at me confused but I rolled my eyes. "Whatchu say?" He said, confused.

"You always come over here talking about how bad your wife is. Leave the bitch. It's obvious you not happy." I raised my voice.

"Man." He said while brushing off the subject. I scoffed then got up. "If you not happy, leave." I said. "I got kids. I'm not leaving the mother of my kids." He sternly said. "But you can cheat on the mother of your kids? Mmm makes sense." I said sarcastically.

"You right. You so fuckin' right, so here's what you can do. You call me when you ain't on bullshit." He said while getting up. "Aww you mad that I'm telling you the truth?" I teasingly said.

Man, shut the fuck up. I'm gone." He said pushing me out way. I walked up behind him and grabbed his arm. "Why you leavin'?" I asked but he snatched his arm away from me.

"Like I said, hit my phone when you ain't on games." He said then walked out. I watched him walk to his truck and get it. He looked at me but started the truck, pulling off down the street.

I sniffed as I felt tears swell up in my eyes. He doesn't get it and at this point I don't give a fuck if he comes back or not. I'm done.