Chapter 23

Losing people is just a part of life ✌🏾️

Ebony Dickson

I don't know what just happened. They came, and took Muhammad away from me. Why is their always something or someone messing up our lives? It's the same shit over and over again.

My phone rang and I saw it was Lovely, so I answered. "Hello?" I said into the phone. I could hear her crying into the phone so I knew something was wrong. "Why are the police sayin' Muhammad killed Salaam?" She confusingly asked.

I gasped. So that's why they arrested Muhammad? He would never do that, he was like his brother. "I didn't know that. The police just came and arrested Muhammad." I said but she sighed.

"Look, I love you Ebony but I think you should stay away from me." She said. I was shocked, didn't know what else to say. "Why would you say that?" I curiously asked.

"Because, ever since you and Muhammad came into our lives, only bad things have happened." She said. "Well it's not me doin' it." I said getting hostel.

"No, but it is that demonic ass nigga, Elijah, and Muhammad bought Salaam into this and now he's dead. I know Elijah killed Salaam but you and Muhammad bought us into somethin' that you didn't have to. So, I'm askin' you nicely, can you please stay away from me?" She said and I chuckled.

"Bye Lovely." I said, hanging up the phone before she could say anything else. She wild as hell for saying that but you know what it's cool cuz at this point, losing people doesn't even phase me.

Let's be clear though. Muhammad didn't pull Salaam into shit, he agreed to do it. She needs to stop blaming Muhammad for the shit Salaam agreed to.

I heard the house phone ring so I had a feeling it was Muhammad. I rushed over to the phone and pressed answer. "Muhammad?" I said into the phone but someone laughed. "I told you to watch your back." I heard Elijah say.

"Get your life together! You pathetic as hell for throwin' my man in jail. Your gonna rot in hell." I said hanging the phone up.

I decided to go to Ms. Diallos house to tell her what happened so their won't be any surprises. I went upstairs and got dressed, throwing my hair into a ponytail.

When I went downstairs, there was a knock on the door. I walked up to it and covered the peep hole but left alittle space so I could see. I looked and saw two police officers, one girl the other was a guy.

"Ms. Dickson, we have some questions for you." The woman said. I put the chain lock on the door then opened it. "What?" I asked looking through the crack. "We have some questions about Mr. Diallos's whereabouts." The man said.

I sighed then undid the lock and opened the door. "Look, I don't have much to say, cuz there isn't anything to say." I say and the lady laughed. "Why so defensive sweetie? We just came to ask some questions." She said.

I clenched my jaw. "Fine." I said, letting them come in. I closed the door and guided them to the livingroom. "So what do y'all want?" I said crossing my arms.

"Where was Mr. Diallos around Mr. Richardsons murder?" The man asked. "He was here with me." I said and he wrote something down.

"Really? Well witnesses say otherwise." The woman said. I cleared my throat and stood up. "Ms. Officer, did you know Salaam has a brother that hates him? No, chances are not because you're to busy tryin' to pin somethin' on the wrong person." I said but she laughed.

"You can sit down because we knew that. We know Elijah very well and we know how he has a strong hate for Salaam but we also know Muhammad was the last person seen with him." She said sitting back.

"Look, you and your partner can get out my house because it's obvious you're just gonna keep sayin' it was Muhammad." I said, walking to the door.

I opened it and they got up and walked to the door. The guy walked out but the woman stood in my face. "Why don't you just tell us what happened? Life would be so much easier." She said.

"Why don't you just get the fuck out my house? Cuz I have somewhere to go." I angrily said. She threw her arms up and walked out. She turned around but I slammed the door in her face.

Let me collect myself before I go to Ms. Diallos house. I grabbed my jacket and left out the house. I'm really over alot of shit right now.