Chapter 10

Those who protect who they love are the true winners in the end.

Muhammad Diallos

When I found Ebony on the floor bleeding out I almost lost my mind. I tried to call her and when she didn't answer I knew something wasn't right. When I got there she was laying on the floor in a pool of blood.

It's been two days now and she hasn't waken up. Doctors told me the bullet had went out through her neck. They said she was fine but I don't know. All this shit has been blown outta proportion and I think I needa get her outta D.C. I've been sitting by her side since I bought her here.

It was about 8:00 at night and I don't plan to leave her side. I heard a knock on the door and the nurse walked in. "Hello Mr. Diallos." She said walking over to Ebony. "Hey." I said not taking my eyes off Ebony. "She'll wake up." She said consoling me.

I ignored her and just looked at Ebony. The nurse left and closed the door behind herself, leaving me and Ebony alone. "If you can hear me, please wake up." I said kissing her hand. I heard a small moan from her mouth and when I heard that my heart flew to my throat.

"Ebony?" I asked and I watched her slowly open her eyes and look at me. "Muhammad?" She said weakly. "Baby are you ok?" I asked and she shook her head. "I feel awful." She said while slightly sitting up. "Elijah did this." She said with tears in her eyes.

"Imma handle him but you need to rest." I said but she shook her head. "No Muhammad. Leave him alone. When I get out of here I just wanna pack up and leave." She said with her voice cracking.

"I can't let him think he gettin' away with this." I said and she rolled her eyes. She can be mad all she wants but I'm doing this to teach him not to fuck with me.

"I don't want you to get hurt. Why can't you see that?" She asked shaking her head. "Cuz as long as this muthafucka is roamin' the streets ain't nobody safe!" I yelled feeling anger rise in my body. She got quiet and rolled over in the bed so she wasn't facing me.

I sighed cuz me and her don't need to be arguing about anything but I'm not boutta back down, my decision is final and I don't plan on changing it. "Ebony, can you just understand where I'm comin' from? This nigga is crazy and he'll do anything to hurt me or anyone in the way, includin' you." I said but she didn't look at me.

I got up and walked to the door and opened it. "I'm just tryin' to keep us safe." I said walking out. I closed the door behind myself and walked down the hallway to the elevator.

I don't wanna argue with her about something my mind is already made up about. She's stubborn and doesn't get what I'm trying to do.

I got on the elevator and pressed the down button. The heaviness on my heart wouldn't go away. I feel like all of this could've been avoided but it wasn't and that's why my hatred towards Elijah was so heavy. I wanted this nigga dead as much as he wanted me dead.

The elevator doors opened and I stepped off to see Lovely and Salaam walking in with balloons and flowers. They looked at me and their smiles dropped. I walked over to them and Lovely hugged me. "How is she?" She asked. "She's awake." I dryly said and she looked at me confused.

"Well why do you sound so sad?" She asked and I shrugged. "Salaam I need to talk to you real quick." I said and he nodded. "I'll meet you up there in a minute." He said while handing her the balloon and she nodded then walked away.

Me and him walked outside and I wanted to tell him about what's going on. "So you know about me and Elijah?" I asked and he nodded while grabbing a blunt out his pocket. "I gotta ask you a favor." I said and he put the blunt to his lips taking a hit.

"Go head." He said taking another hit. "I need you to help me get Elijah." I said then he passed the blunt to me. "Help you kill my little brother? Damn I never thought it would come to this." He said while chuckling. I nodded then handed it back to him.

"Your mans tried to kill Ebony and I know he's after me now so I your need help to get him." I said. Salam and Elijah are brothers but haven't been close since they mother died. Elijah took over the streets while Salam got his masters degree in business. Ever since he got out of college Elijah has resented and hated Salaam.

"This shit is crazy. Last time I talked to him was 5 years ago." He said laughing. "I want this nigga dead, he gotta go." I said looking at him. "I need someone with me cuz I'm alone now. Elijah turned everyone against me." I said and he nodded while putting his hand out. "I'm here for you nigga. I'd never turn my back on who was real to me." He said.

I dapped him up then let go. "Imma let you get back in there cuz I gotta go see Spirit." I said and he nodded. "Ard tell her I said hey." He said while walking back in. I started to walk back to my truck and felt better. It feels good to have someone on my side and stays with me.

Me and Salaam go way back, known him since highschool. We lost touch when he left for college but when he came back everyone had changed on him but I didn't. I know it's not right to turn family against eachother but if it comes to that, so be it.

I got in my truck and drove off the parking lot. The drive up to Russett was about to be a long and silent ride. It was going on 9:09 and I was exhausted but not physically. I'm emotionally tired cuz within month everything has gone downhill.

I gotta keep the people I love safe cuz if I don't I don't know what'll happen.