~ chapter 1 ~

***song above has swear words***

"Are you ready?" Dad asked me while I was getting ready for school. Well, he kind of did. You see, my dad is Jack Met. He's a "famous" singer, and one of his older songs is called I'm Ready. He decided to play the part of the song where he says, "Are you ready?" on his music beat thing, probably just to annoy me.

"Stop with the puns, Dad." I said lazily. I didn't want to go. People at my middle school were obsessed with my dad and his brothers. Like overly obsessed. They never stopped talking about them. Even now, I get text messages pretty much every day saying, "OMGS, Bud Like You is fabulous!" and things like that.

"We have to get to school so go quicker," Dad said.

Not wanting to be bothered anymore, I did my necessities, then walked downstairs to the kitchen to eat my favorite breakfast- cheerios. Once I finished eating, I got my backpack and headed out the door. Walking to the car, I heard very loud beats. Like in the song Beats by none other than AJR. I found Dad and Uncle Ryan sitting in the front seats of the car- Dad in the driver's seat, and Uncle Ryan in the other front seat.

"Hey Winter," Uncle Ryan waved.

"Hey Uncle Ryan," I responded, getting into the back seat.

"Why Beats?" I asked them.

"What, do you want me to play Dear Winter, Winter?" Dad shot back at me, looking at the rear-view mirror, raising his eyebrows at me.

"NO THANK YOU," I shouted.

"Is what I should have said," Dad added.

"I should be in bed," Uncle Ryan continued.

"GAHHHH!" I screamed, putting my arms up. I'm ninety-five percent sure that every car around us heard me.

We all sat in the car in silence. Well, other than the music, which was Adventure is Out There. After about twenty minutes, we arrived at the high school.

"Here it is, kiddo." Dad said, pulling up to the school. "Uncle Adam will pick you up, okay?"

"Overture," I mumbled, opening the door. "Bye Dad, bye Uncle Ryan."

"Bye Winter," they said in unison.

I got out of the car, closed the door, and walked into the school.

"Deep breaths, deep breaths," I whispered to myself. Speed walking through the halls, I spotted the freshmen' lockers and one foot at a time, walked up to them to find my locker number. I looked at my schedule with my locker number. It read, 333.

SERIOUSLY? I screamed in my head. I bet Dad paid the school to get me that locker number. After my eyes surfed around the lockers' numbers, I spotted mine. I quickly went up to it and looked at my paper, again, to see what the lock number was. Looky looky, it was 3333! Now I'm positive that Dad paid the school. I then attempted to unlock the lock. After about three minutes of trying, I reluctantly gave up. I debated about asking someone for help, so I called Uncle Adam. Why did I decide to call Uncle Adam, I have no idea. Maybe because he was the last person I called. After clicking on his name and waiting for about 0.00000003 seconds, he picked up. I know right, very specific.

"What's up?" Uncle Adam said.

"I don't know how to unlock my locker's lock," I responded.

I hear him sigh through the phone. Out of nowhere, I heard someone say, "I can help!"

"Great," I quietly muttered.