Chapter 5: It's not looking good, RYX

Class had finally started.
As Pei Shi sat in her normal seat next to Ren Yi Xiang, he asked, "Hi PeiShi, your hair looks beautiful today-"
But he was cut off by the sound of an unfamiliar voice.
"Ren Yi Xiang, you should be focusing on the lesson. Not me."
Taken aback by these words, Kevin decided to listen in the conversation. "Why so moody, Pei Shi? What has Ren Yi Xiang done to you?"
Pei Shi gave a look that scared Kevin for the lesson.
Ashley was noticing all this, whilst trying to engage with the lesson. Why were they acting so weird?
She noticed, a handful of pills Pei Shi had im her hand. What was she doing?
"Oh thanks for the pills, Pei Shi. I do feel a bit under the weather now."
Ren Yi Xiang took them- and suddenly, he felt anything but better again.

Vincent, Denise and JianHao were all sitting near the front. Denise and JianHao were talking, but Vincent felt excluded.
"Guys! Your ignoring me! And also, aren't we a dynamic trio, not a dynamic duo?"
"Aren't you meant to be with Maddy, Vincent?" Jianhao said. He was annoyed, as this was something he had done for the past months.
"Yeah, but it is technically a trio-"
"Hey, Vincent!"
Maddy's soft spoken voice was cut off, as Vincent wasn't bothered about her. He wanted to go to Denise.
Something about him made Maddy think he still liked Denise. Yet he said he didn't like Denise.
"Stop, Vincent. I know you like Denise, so why do pretend you don't?"
Vincent was at a loss for words. He only liked Denise for her smartness, as she was the brainiest in the class- the whole school.
"I will just go with Julynn, then." Maddy's face was a mix of anger and sadness.

"So let's say that if x equals 5, what would 12x be? Does anyone have an idea-"
Tannoy announcement*
Attention students. At lesson 3, you will be in the hall, required to choose a curriculum subject. This can be a subject within the academy you wanna study in further detail, or a new one. You are required to do this, to represent the school's pride of a working environment.

Miss Sherly wasn't too impressed of the announcement. She continued teaching regardless.
"Pack up, guys." She went out off the class.

The classes were in the hall, where each of them standing there. Some were talking among themselves of what would take up their time.
"Students!" Mrs Regna shouted. She wanted to get this over with. "All of us- the teachers, we will interview a group of you and let you choose what course you want to study leading to your final exams."
"It's your future. Take it seriously." Mr Alan said in a fearful voice.
Ms Sherly looked concerned, staring at everyone. She was determined to get this done over with, like many other teachers.
"Ok, so we have to choose right. Denise what are you picking?"
"I may study a new subject, because I know the others so well."
"Ok, not to sound mean, but why is Pei Shi acting weird?" Kevin had come up to them.
He was going to Ren Yi xiang who was asking why pei Shi was acting so weird- like she was being more distant, cold, more secretive.
"Because she always is," JianHao said. Denise gave him a look, saying that he shouldn't disrespect his classmates like that.
"JianHao Tan, Denise Taylor, Vincent Sin and Maddy Wang can you go next? Miss Sofia would like to interview you now." Ms Siti said.
"Well, that's us busy, I guess. Bye Kevin."
They all got their things and went.

Ren yi Xiang POV
"Pei Shi... why have you been acting so cold towards me? What have I done?"
Ren yi Xiang was wondering what he had done now. He did many things without realising, but this hurt most of all.
Because Pei Shi was ignoring him.
And wouldn't say why.
"Look, all I just want to say is that Ren yi Xiang, we shouldn't be friends. You are being a distraction to me, and make my life nothing but more stressful with your personality. One moment you're nice and geeky, the next you're cold to me and avoiding me, and the last your just being you... but I don't even know you. The real you."
"So I'm sorry if I hurt you, but it doesn't hurt me like you did the last times with me." Pei Shi walked away.
Ren Yi Xiang was heartbroken. Why was this happening?
He didn't notice someone put a packet of pills in his open pocket. He was busy of his heartbreak with Pei shi.
Kevin walked up to him and said, "It's ok. I know she wasn't for you. But you got me, Debbie, Julynn and Ashley. And our class."
He tried reassuring him but to no use it worked.
"I'm just going to the toilet." He went off and cried, feeling down.

As I sat in a cubicle, I was in the toilet, and cried, thinking what did he do to deserve this? Suddenly, he felt something in his bag whilst he was going to get something.
"Huh? What's this?" And he opens it up and finds a packet of pills.
What are these doing here? He thought. Yet, I would try it anyway.
And so I took it
And he
Felt
D r  o
W.      s
Y.....

Suddenly, I woke up. I felt numb and stuck in a lifeless abyss. However, I couldn't remember Pei shi or anything about what happened before, just that she was a bad influence.
And so was Kevin. He was feeling something, yet he couldn't explain it...

Flashback
"Here you go." Mr Alan handed Pei Shi a packet of pills to give to Ren Yi Xiang. And this was when Pei Shi was in a state when she had been brainwashed by the organization.
"Sir, what does this do?" Pei Shi asked.
"It will make the person forget about an important memory, and only about us."

Present
It all came to him now.