If little Shouto met Dabi before UA

Dabi finds Shouto in an alley way after running out on his training session with their father.

Dabi thinks it can't be this easy, about to start his plan to ruin. But then he hears Shouto hiccup, and cry, "I jus wan my big bwoder... Toy..."

Kid's gotta be 12 now, Dabi realizes, it wasn't appropriate behaviour for his age. But more importantly, what Shouto said tugged at his heart strings.

So Dabi does something strange. He scoops the boy up and takes him out for ice cream, probably his first ice cream outing ever. The little having no sense of danger because Dabi supposedly has 'pwetty nice people eyes'.

He takes Shouto to the fair next, buys him cotton candy and goes on a couple kiddy rides with him.

Lastly, he takes him on the ferris wheel. And as Shouto babbles about his few few memories about his wonderful big brother, Dabi says, "Be better than me kid." ruffles his hair and climbs out of the bench like seat and down the dark side of the ferris wheel.

Endeavor is waiting for Shouto at the bottom, having searched all over town for the boy (secretly panicked) and suddenly gets an anonymous message of his sons whereabouts. His father goes to grill him, but the sight of a sugar crashed little boy just makes him sigh and carry his son home.

Shouto doesn't remember that day, but now he has a false memory of his eldest brother taking him to the fair when he was younger.