Angel Devil // 4

[Connecting & Releasing]

Going off with a Bang
-
Angel Devil x Reader

[Description: After the events of the Darkness Devil, you have to take care of Angel. Soon enough, he leaves you. You have to fend for yourself now, will it work?]

<!Major Character Death Warning! !Anime Onlys, this has spoilers!>

-

You lay beside Angel's bed. He's looking out the window as you look at him. His arms were missing. Both of them.

You and a few others were transported down to hell and had to face the Darkness Devil. Well, you weren't the one fighting. You didn't even remember what happened. All you know is that only your right arm was the one that got reattached. You hated this job, you hated devil hunting, you hated living a life surrounded by death, but you had to keep going. For Angel. He didn't have the choice that you had, he wasn't allowed to leave. If he did, he would be put down like the many other dogs Makima had.

For everything you did, you were on a hiatus from missions and patrols for Public Safety. You were signed up to be the Angel Devil's care taker. It was a struggle to see Angel as depressed as he is, but it meant that you two would never have to be apart for long. Makima showed some humanity by not separating you two. Maybe this was one of her sick jokes again.

You hated this. You just wanted to run away with Angel. You knew you couldn't, it was just a silly fantasy. You laid your head onto Angel's thigh. He was wrapped in bandages and a medical gown. Still, he looked so pretty. The silence was mediocre. It wasn't uncomfortable, but there was definitely something wrong.

"[name]?" Angel's voice was hoarse, yet it was still soothing to hear. He was still looking out the window.

"Yes Angel? What's up, you need something?" You raise your head off his thigh

"Why are you still working for Public Safety?" Angel turned his head to look at you, there were bags under his eyes.

"What do you mean?" You sweated, did he want you to leave?

"Why haven't you left? It's not safe anymore, it never was in the first place. You should quit." Angel grumbled, his eyes were glazed with sorrow and guilt.

"No. I'll never leave, as long as you're there I'll never go... and I don't want to anyway." You shake your head, you could never leave him. You overheard Aki and Kishibe talking about making Angel a devil that makes contracts with other Devil Hunters, that would be perfect. You can't just leave him now.

"Would you quit if I asked you nicely?" Angel looked down as his covered legs

"No, I said I'll never leave you. Please don't just push me away... I need you." You start to tear up, you know he only wanted the best for you. Yet it felt like hell. The room felt silent again. You stroked Angel's wings, Angel watched your hand play with his feathers. Your hand was soft, he felt a pit grow in his stomach. Something bad was soon to come.

-

Aki knocked on the hospital door that led into Angel's room. Angel allowed him to enter. You were sleeping Angels legs again, you hadn't ever left Angel's side ever. You were like a helpless lost cat, maybe it was the other way around?

"[name], could you step out for a second? I have something to say to my partner privately." Aki asked as he put his hand on your shoulder. You wake up silently and comply. Partner. That word hurt, you were Angel's partner. It should have stayed that way, if it did, then maybe you two wouldn't be stuck in the hospital.

Minutes pass, they felt like hours. You leaned against the wall and closed your eyes, when was the last time you ate? When was the last time Angel ate? Aki opened the door to let you back in, you thanked him quietly. The air in the room was nothing to be happy about, it felt colder than it did a second ago. You knew that they were going to do something, you felt it.