Part 3

CHAPTER 3: Try Your Hardest Naioko

Kenza and were laying in his dorm when the screen on his wall beeped. "Message for Naioko Kena: You will participate in the 4th match, be ready" The warrior checked his watch it read: "8:00 A.M" He wasn't much of a morning person, but was sure waking up now was better than 5:00 A.M when he went to school. The man rubbed his face trying to shrug off the fatigue before getting out of bed.

After cleaning himself up and waking up, he walked back over to the bed where he found Mioda already awake sitting on the bed. "Looks like my 1st match is today" He said walking over to her. She pressed her head against as stomach as he kissed her forehead then walked over to the door preparing to leave for his first fight. Mioda got up and followed the man through the hall into the living room before he gave her a kiss on the lips. The others in the room just rolled their eyes or looked away.

Arusaki sat on the couch while her boyfriend left for his dual. Naioko was a little nervous, but knew once the battle began he wouldn't be so uneasy. The crowd cheered as the wizard steeped onto the stage, holding his fist up like he saw the other participant did to show his confidence.

"Here we have Naioko Kenza...and his opponent: Levi Connors. The young warrior had aqua blue hair with gold eyes. He was kinda short and wore black knight armor that gleamed with the sun shining down on it.

"Begin!"

The armored fighter opened his palm, creating a blade made completely out of gray energy. "If there's anyone that's going to win this tournament it's gonna be me" Kenza smirked as green magical energy floated around his body.

"How do you know if you haven't even seen me fight before?"

"Then we'll just have to see" With an abrupt movement, Levi unleashed a barrage of slashes with his blade. His target clapped his palms, creating a cyclone around him to protect himself from the coming blows. Even with it being pure air, the moment his combatant's attack made contact with his cyclone, He could feel it shake from the sheer power of his enemy.

Once they vanished, Kenza had his cyclone reform in front of him, sending it toward the black night. (Hmph, this may be a problem) With barley any time to strategize, Connors struck the stage with his blade, causing a barrier to form around him to protect himself from the coming disaster. The cyclone attempted to lift him up but had no luck. The caster decided to cease his attack, causing the whirlwind to disappear.

"Nice strategy, but it's going to take a lot more than a mere tornado to stop me" Without pausing the fighter dashed across the stage with his blade tightly in his grasp. Naioko made a swiping motion to the left with his hand, causing a wall of flames to go up between him and his opponent. However, Levi didn't slow down, he continued forward, soaring through the flames with minor burns on his armor.

"Too slow!" The knight swung his blade with fierce strength. Just before he struck, the young wizard stopped the blade with both hands clapped against it. Levi forced the blade down, putting immense power into it his target could feel his hands burning from the energy sword. The tiles beneath them began cracking apart as Naioko went down to one knee with sweat running down his face. "Shit...mana magic: Piercing shockwave!"

The caster's body was engulfed with purple electricity when it was suddenly sent out in all directions. The armored assailant tried his best to keep his balance, but was sent backwards across the stage. Luckily he managed to catch himself so he wouldn't fall off the stage even though there wasn't out of bounds. As quick as he could Kenza fired an ice beam right for the staggering knight.

Connors managed to ready himself just in time to block with his energy blade. Since the sword was made of mana instead of being a solid weapon, it went right through it, instantly freezing him in a solid rock of ice. "Got em!"