Chapter 2

As the hazy memories surfaced in his mind, Shen Liuxiang swayed uneasily on his feet as he made his way toward his residence.

He had made a grave mistake.

The Yunshen technique was a technique that only cultivators within the sect should access. However, Shen Liuxiang had stolen it for Ye Bingran the moment he heard Ye Bingran wanted it.

Though the entire matter was kept confidential, Ye Bingran disdained such immoral actions and came to the Qingling Sect in person to return the Yunshen technique scripture. 

News and gossip soon permeated the land within the short span of only half a day.

"As an immortal, how could he commit theft? How shameless! Disgusting!"

"Ha! How can he even be considered an immortal? The Qingping Sect's reputation has been completely ruined by him throughout these years. If I were Immortal Ye, I would have long since expelled him from the sect."

"Everyone knows about this now. I sure want to head over to the Qingling Sect to see how this matter is handled. Generally, if a disciple commits such a crime, abolishing his cultivation would be considered a light punishment."

"Even if Shen Liuxiang is an immortal, his punishment shouldn't differ much and be biased. Otherwise, how does the Qingling Sect intend to stop the public's dissatisfaction and mouths?"

"Sigh. Shen Liuxiang used to be such a peerless immortal before. And now, for a sword cultivator who practiced the heartless dao, he has completely turned into an erratic madman. What a pity and shame!"

...

Be it pedestrians or passers-bys in the streets or even revered leaders of various factions and characters who would prove to serve a crucial role in the story plot, everyone knew Shen Liuxiang's clinging to Ye Bingran.

Shen Liuxiang being jealous of Su Baiche, his junior disciple was also a well-known fact. Not only did Shen Liuxiang consistently cause trouble for Su Baiche, but he also imitated Su Baiche as well, albeit poorly, and only ended up making a fool of himself.

Su Baiche had a painting of him that widely circulated the cultivation world. In it, he donned snow- white robes and was seated leisurely on a recliner. Several white lotuses bloomed in his surroundings.

He looked like how an immortal should look - clean and aloof. Even the delicate beauty of the flowers paled in comparison to his ethereal demeanor.

Shen Liuxiang imitated him and began to wear white clothing and even wore white flowers in his hair.

Shen Liuxiang was born as a natural, vivid beauty, which provided a striking contrast against Su Bauche's elegance but instead, he had cast a spell on himself, smearing his face into a ghastly white color, just for a single glance from Ye Bingran.

Look. I've become the type of person you like but why won't you spare a single glance for me?

Shen Liuxiang's thoughts at the time was only too predictable.

Ye Bingran only grew increasingly disdainful and disgusted with Shen Liuxiang. However, for courtesy sake, he avoided Shen Liuxiang to avoid discord with the Qingling Sect and never once, did he took drastic countermeasures against Shen Liuxiang.

However, this time, Ye Bingran was able to take the opportunity to make the Qingling Sect deal with Shen Liuxiang themselves.

Shen Liuxiang gradually made his way to the Yunfeng Peak. 

As an immortal, he was entitled to his own residence and normally, Shen Liuxiang rarely received visitors and guests there. 

In route, many disciples were seen hurrying by with the words, "Chongsheng (Rebirth) Cliff" and "Shen Liuxiang" mentioned and brought up amongst their conversations.