Chapter 3 | Details

•Calum•

I woke up as the sunrays from the cracked window reached my eyes. I'm usually grumpy in the morning but due to the fact that we're on vacation and I slept like a baby, waking up at ten in the morning, I was pretty fine.

I got up, not even fixing my bed, headed downstairs to be greeted by my lovely mother.

"Good morning, sweetheart! Come sit and have breakfast. I made pancakes!" She hugged me and made me sit down across from my sister, Mali, who has this cockiest grin plastered on her face.

"I missed you, Cal."

"I missed you too, Mali."

"Now hurry up, both of you. Eat up! Oh Calum you look so thin dear! Do you want me to cook you your favorite? Did they starve you while you're on tour? What have you been doing? Come on eat up you look like you haven't eaten for months!" My mom can be exaggerated sometimes, but I love her for that. It's like I know that she cares about me and that she loves me.

"I'm okay mom I swear," I was immediately in a fit of laughter, Mali joining me.

"Oh okay, if you say so. I just missed you so much Calum, you have no idea," she came to me and propped kisses on my cheeks.

"O- mum okay okay um mum muuuuum okay! I missed you too!" She finally stopped the kiss attack, my sister laughing frantically.

"Oh com'ere Maliiii," now I was the one laughing at her, as mom hugged her and squeezed her tight, planting kisses on her face.

I took this as a chance to go back to my room. "Oooookay since you two are busy there I'll be in my room bye!"

I ran as fast as I could, closed the door, and locked it. I opened my laptop to send an email to Zoe.

Yeah, the Zoe that I was emailing yesterday.

She was surprisingly fun to talk to, especially the fact that she knows nothing about me.

If you've been put into the limelight, your life is not private anymore. I get that. But it's nice to know that someone out there can know me as my normal teenage self, and not the bassist-of-5-Seconds-of-Summer me. I mean I absolutely love being in a band, don't get me wrong, but I feel like my whole life is being monitored and shít like that.

So my plan is this:

Get to know more about this Zoe Harris, and maybe be friends with her and build this special connection I've been longing for.

My fingers trailed the keyboard as I typed my message.

~<*>~<*>~<*>~<*>~<*>~

To: ZoeHarris_1126@gmail.com
From: CHood_96@gmail.com

Good morning, beautiful

~<*>~<*>~<*>~<*>~<*>~

I grinned at my laptop like crazy, hit send, eagerly waiting for her reply.

~<*>~<*>~<*>~<*>~<*>~

To: CHood_96@gmail.com
From: ZoeHarris_1126@gmail.com

Well it's afternoon here, 5:30 to be exact but thanks for the compliment!

To: ZoeHarris_1126@gmail.com
From: CHood_96@gmail.com

Sorry, my bad ahahaha
Still haven't figured out the timezones yet.

To: CHood_96@gmail.com
From: ZoeHarris_1126@gmail.com

Well if I'm correct, it's Monday there, 10:30 in the morning?