i. the minotaur

(Chapters will be longer than this one is; sorry for the shortness!

Unless I say it's another person, assume it's Annie's POV.)

Annie's POV:

I noticed campers running towards the entrance to Camp Half-Blood.

I quickly slipped on my tennis shoes. "Silena, what's happening?"

Silena shook her head. "I'm not sure, but I intend to find out. I'll wait for you."

I stood and smiled. "No need. I'm ready."

Drew scoffed. "Tennis shoes? Annie, show our cabin some respect."

I lifted a shoe up, giving her a small frown. "They're pink at least."

"So?"

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my dagger before running out of my cabin.

I was on my way to the entrance when a black-haired boy stumbled in.

Doing my best to ignore his appearance, I quickly put an arm around him to support him and led him to the Big House. Whoever he was, Chiron would want to meet him.

And what was this mystery boy doing with Grover?

I shook my head. There were more pressing matters at hand.

The mystery boy began falling and before I could catch him, he collapsed on the wooden porch, looking up at a ceiling fan circling above him, moths flying around a yellow light, and the stern faces of Chrion and Annabeth, her blonde hair with princess curls and me, who he swore looked like a goddess. Did I hear him right? Oh, my mother would lose her head.

They looked down at the boy, and Annabeth said, "He's the one. He must be."

I looked up at Chiron and Annabeth and said, "He has to be. Right?"

"Silence, Annabeth. Silence, Annie," Chiron said. "He's still conscious. Bring him inside."