Chap 11 - True Confessions

WEDNESDAY

Quinn

When I got to school I saw Mary. She called me over like she actually had something to talk to me about. When I got by her side she pulled me away and we walked to the place no one hangs out because it was ugly, cold, and windy. She pulled me down and we sat on the floor like toddlers

"So~, anything happens with you and Doux?" My face got red and I was confused about how she even knew about it.

"What? How do you know?" She winked at me and started giving me a speech.

"Duke is a really, and when I say really I mean REALLY," She emphasized the 'really' a lot, "a good guy. We've been friends for a long time and he has liked you for a long time. I'm not saying you have to like him but please don't hurt him. He really doesn't deserve anything less than love and I really want you to know that whatever you did... he will forgive you. That's just who he is." I nodded knowing full well she was right. I need to fix this. I want him.

"I think I like Doux." It took her a couple of seconds to realize Doux is Duke but when she did she got ecstatic.

"Oh, my god. Thank god. I know I said you didn't have to like him but Jesus, I was really praying you did. If you didn't his heart would literally be crushed. Anyways! You need to tell him, this stare from across the room shit is not working for me!" She explained and I understood. We laughed together. She reasked questions to make a picture of our relationship clearer.

"So what happened on Sunday? He mentioned something about that." I blushed and hid my face. I playfully pushed her and said 'Stop ~' I was embarrassed because on New years I'm pretty sure at night I literally hugged him and kept him from peeing.

We talked until the bell rang then went to our classes. After this realization that I do in fact like Doux I started overthinking. Did I always like him and I was just in denial? When did I start liking him? Is that why he is so attractive? Wait... is that why I hated him?

After my confusing and arrogant thoughts, I walked into the classroom. My heart dropped when I saw him. Why did I think I could do this? I don't have the confidence to confess. I know I had the confidence to kiss him but that was just at the moment. I don't know how I'm gonna do this. We also aren't on the best terms. Damnit, what have I done? Now knowing I like him, I have the power to tell him and fix things I don't even know what to do.

I sat in my seat and snuck glances at him, 2 of which he glanced at me. He instantly turned away and looked back at the teacher. I liked looking at him. In the past few weeks, I've stared at him more than a thousand times. He truly is so beautiful. What really gets me is his presence though. The confidence he has when he walks into a room; his head held high. After I got over the fact I hated him I began to notice why he was so popular.

After the class, I went to the hangout Lilac was already there and she was waiting on Conner and Issa.

"Hey, Quinn?" I looked up at her because now she had my attention.

"We need to have a talk. I know I may not have the right to tell you this but I want to keep you safe." She mumbled about how she knew Doux felt off and how we never should've let him in the group. I was confused and questioned her.

"Lil's what are you talking about?" I questioned her and she gave me a sorry face.

"Duke likes you, Quinn. And like I said I should've known he wasn't meant to be in the group, but I never knew he was a gay, he disguised it really well. And I know you're not a real boy but still I just want you to know so you can stay away from him and stay safe." She said it so seriously yet I couldn't help myself from laughing.