The Date

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel, if I did then Peter Parker and Kitty Pryde would be together in every universe, Pryker or ShadowSpider forever.

I would like to thank MAB86 for beta reading this chapter and for giving me suggestions which I took.

-----------------------------------------------

New York City, Manhattan, DeCarlo's

Peter pulls into the parking lot and parks the car. He and Kitty then get out of the car and close their doors.

"So, what do you think," Peter asked his date.

Kitty looked at the restaurant and couldn't believe it, "DeCarlo's, you got us reservations to DeCarlo's," Kitty said as she and Peter walked to the restaurant.

"Of course," Peter said as he grabbed Kitty's hand and squeezed it making her look at him, "Anything for my girlfriend."

Kitty smiled at this, she couldn't help herself, he deserved it. Kitty leaned up and kissed Peter on the lips, when they separated, they both blushed. It felt good to kiss Peter, she's happy that she can do this freely, but it will take them a while to get over the embarrassment. "Thank you," Kitty said

"Of course. Now come on, we don't want to be late. I'm pretty sure these are the type of people who frown on that," Peter said as he gently pulled Kitty forward leading her in the restaurant.

Inside DeCarlo's

Peter and Kitty entered the restaurant, they took a moment to look around considering neither have been there before. It was normally out of their price range. It looked nice, with a high ceiling with chandlers hanging, navy carpet, round tables with white cloth covering them with unlit candles placed on top. There was enough space between the tables where the servers could move freely. To say the least the young adults were impressed.

"Wow," Kitty muttered, truly impressed by the décor of the restaurant.

"I know, I knew that this place was nice. But not this nice. At least we're not under dressed," Peter said, he's glad that he checked the dress code when he decided to come here. At least they weren't standing out.

Kitty smiled, "That's true, this is definitely a fancy place," she said.

The two walk up to the desk, "Excuse me," Peter said getting the woman's attention, "Reservations for Parker."

"Of course, Mr. Parker. Your table is ready, please follow the server and he'll lead you to your table," the woman said

"Thank you," Peter said

With that Peter and Kitty followed the server to their table. As they sat down at their table, they noticed that they were next to a window where the two could see the New York City lights. It was nice. One of the things that Kitty missed living in New York were the lights. Sure, it could be hard to see the stars but at the right places the lights of the city is quite romantic just as it is now.

"My name is Dean, I'll be your server this night," Dean said as he placed menus in front of Peter and Kitty. "I must go but I'll be back so you can order."

"Thank you," Peter and Kitty said

The server left leaving Peter and Kitty to look at their menus, Peter whistled at what he saw on the menu, "Dang that's something," Peter said after looking at the menu.

"Um, yeah. I don't think I know what half this stuff is," Kitty said as she looked through the menu. "Only you would pick a restaurant where we wouldn't know what half the food on the menu is, Peter," Kitty said smiling.