Chapter 3 -The Arrival

LOUIS POV

It has come to the time when we were saying our sincere thanks and goodbyes to the guests. And honestly, I am glad that we are in this part already. I kept glancing at my new wrist watch (that Liam gave during the stag party). 11:30pm it said. I sighed in relief as we still have some time left.

Cool fingers brushed on my shoulders while a set of lips simultaneously fanned on my ears. "You keep looking at the time there, babe. Already running late for something?"

I turned around and saw that she had on a playful smirk. I am still astounded with how she looks tonight. Even after all the hustle, bustle and Irish dancing forced by Nialler, she looks like she just arrived for the event. Everything still perfectly in place. "Well, babe." This immediately flushed her. "I just want to make sure we still have time before we start our honeymoon adventure."

She blissfully threw her arms around my neck. "Ugh, come on Louis. Tell me already. I mean, I have not even packed anything yet! Tell me we have at least an hour to go back home."

I closed the distance between us even more and pinched her nose. "Sorry, my lips are sealed. Don't worry, your mom and your sister already packed for you. And don't you fret, I asked Em to pack in some sexy lingerie -"

That earned me a playful yet hard smack on my shoulders. Her face is even redder than before. "Louis - th-those are private!"

"Look at you. Already married and words like lingerie and sexy can still make you redder than a tomato. Don't be bashful babe, I am your husband now. And besides, I am bound to see you in those one day anyway." My words loosened her up a bit.

"But.." I can see that she is having a difficult time explaining further. So I washed her worries away by giving her a quick yet passionate kiss.

"I understand, my love. " I felt her head nod as she buried it in the crook of my neck. I totally get her. "We are still young, younger than most couples that get married. At this age some couples may just even begin exploring each other's worlds. Meanwhile us, we already let our worlds become one. It's something new. And we are young. And when you get into something new while you are young, it's scary. I do not want to force you into taking four steps ahead this whole new scary world when you just want to take half. I will never leave you, Effy. We go through this together."

"This is why I am married to you." She answered. And I fell in love even more.

A more heavier and rough hand landed on my shoulder. Effy, who already had a view of who was behind me, immediately greeted back. "Father George! Wow, so glad that you made it."

Father George is the head priest at the church in Savannah where Effy wanted to be wedded at first. It was her most persuaded request, since it is the church where her parents got married. But because of the storm three months ago, the Church got badly affected leaving all of Savannah but most of all Effy, gutted. That is why we had a garden wedding instead.

He amusedly looked around the area where is close to being a blank space.