Chapter Two

*Mavana's Pov*
I finally get done with the files first I see everyone's heads still stuck in the files which means I'm the first one done. I get up from my chair and take my files with me. I'm going to turn in these files and get lunch because I so damn hungry. I knock on the door of his office.
"Come in." He yells
I open the door to see him with a bunch of paper work. His hair is frizzy than it was before and his first two buttons were undone of his shirt.
"Early bird aren't you, Mavee?" He asks with a snarky smile.
"Stop calling me that and yeah here." I speak.
I hand him his files and walk towards the door. Before he stops me by calling me that dumbass nickname, I hate.
"Where are you going Mavee darling?" He says with his thick accent.
"To space to find me an alien to bring home" I say sarcastically.
He lets out a laugh and looks me in the eyes.
"Being sarcastic eh well since you're the first one done let me take you to lunch" He says.
"Nope I would rather chew my own arm off then go to lunch with you" I say honestly.
"Well  let me know you have any more of arm left to chew before it turns into bone Mavee" He says honestly back.
He picks up his pen and starts writing something. He gets up and takes my hand. I try to get out of his grip, but he didn't budge.
"Where are we going Damon?" I ask.
"To lunch." He speaks.
"Is it really necessary to hold my hand?" I say annoyed.
"Sure it is because I'm not letting your little ass starve'' he says sternly.
We take the stairs to go to the car lot. We make it to his car, and he lets go of my hand. He opens the door to his car and motions for me to get in. I roll my eyes and get in, he closes my door and starts up his car.
"Nice car Damon you must've worked as a man stripper" I say.
"Funny but no." He speaks.
I look at how his shirt sleeves were pushed up I see his veins and tattoos. One of them looked like a death sign and another like a snake.
"What's with all the tattoos?" I ask.
His jaw tightened when I asked that question. Like was he was in something secret he didn't want to tell me.

"Nothing it was just something me and my brother did when we were in college'' He says dryly.

I nod my head and see he is turning at Upland. I love Uplands pizza and burgers they are the best. I've never went inside because I always ordered takeout from here on some days.

"Have you ever been to Upland?" I say lightly.

''No but I've heard that the burgers are to die for'' He says casually.

"Well they are right because I've had the pizza and the burgers'' I say cheerfully.

"Great which means lunch is on me it's my treat'' he says.

He parks at the front and gets out of the car. I get out too and walk with him, he opens the door for me, and I walk in. We both walk in, and a guy stands in front of it in a suit.

''Just you and the lady sir'' He asks.

"Yes'' He answers back.

The waiter picks up the menus and nods for us to follow him. We sit by the across the bar.

"Can I start you off with some drinks?'' The waiter asks formally.

''A Pinot Noir for us.'' Damon says.

The waiter nods and leaves to go get the wine. I look at him crazy like him wine on the job I've never heard of that.

"Not wine on the job Dr. Damon'' I say casually.

''It's good for the brain from what I've heard'' he says dryly.

''Sure, it is.'' I say.

"Now tell me about yourself Miss Mavana.'' He says putting down his menu.

"Like what?'' I ask.

The waiter comes back with the wine glasses and places our glasses by us.

"Do you know what you want to order or should I give you more time?'' He asks.