Enigma

Link lay on the floor,  his legs refusing to work. Blood poured from open wounds, staining blue cloth red. His vision blurred around the edges, and colors blended together.  His sun-bleached hair matted with dark red,  his scars aching, his ribs reduced to mere fragments, Link tried to stand. His legs buckled underneath him, and he went down. A loud crack, a burst of unbearable pain, and Link fell still.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

     The tall shadow of the Sanctum fell over Link, sending a shiver down his spine. As he choked on the malice clogging the air, Link felt a strange sense of familiarity.  A whisper sounded in his ear, distant, yet urgent. He made out only a few sounds, " hi...ry..epeat....self...a..doo..d.s.ul..emai...do.m..no..att...ho..the...brea.."

     Ignoring the pleading voice, Link entered the Sanctum, prepared for the battle.

±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±

Hi! Author again! I really hope you guys like this fic, I haven't written one before, so constructive criticism is much appreciated! Also, I know the chapters are really short, and I'm sorry about it, but I'm not really sure about how I want to pace it. That, and I may or may not have written this entire fic just to get to this one scene.